I've got an Asus Zenbook, and the female end of the charger…

Customer Question
Hello ANDY-- Technician's Assistant:...

Hello ANDY--

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

I've got an Asus Zenbook, and the female end of the charger is not connecting properly with the charging pin. Can the computer be charged using the USB port, or does it need to be returned for repair?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
3/12/2018
Tech Support Specialist: UranIT, Network Administrator replied 4 months ago
UranIT
UranIT, Network Administrator

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will try my best to assist you.
Please allow me a minute to review your question and prepare an answer, or I may ask more questions for clarification

Ok. Standing by.

No, it cannot be charged via USB. if you need a new charger - contact support for warranty replacement or purchase one here (check if model matches): https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA3ZH1EV2160&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC-_-pla-_-Notebook+Batteries+%2F+AC+Adapters-_-9SIA3ZH1EV2160&gclid=EAIaIQobChMInsD_gdjn2QIV0luGCh16rgyzEAQYAiABEgIQZvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Let me know if you have additional questions

Charger works fine. What I need to know is whether the device needs to be returned to pieces for repair, or is there another fix?
Return to Asus....

There is no fix, it needs to be replaced

Who do I contact at Asus to set up s repair?

Is laptop still under warranty?

No

you can try calling : 1-***-***-****

or 1-***-***-****

System Product Support:

1-***-***-**** (toll free)

Available 24/7

All-in-One, Desktop, Netbook, Notebook, Nettop, or Tablet

* Contact availability subject to change at any time without prior notification. Closed in observance of major national holidays

RETAIL Product Support ONLY:

1-***-***-**** (toll free)

(Best Buy USA, OfficeMax, Staples USA, Costco Wholesale, Microsoft, Office Depot, Walmart, Future Shop)

Available 24/7

All-in-One, Desktop, Netbook, Notebook or Tablet

* Contact availability subject to change at any time without prior notification. Closed in observance of major national holidays.

Are these direct nmbers to Asus?

Yes, both numbers are Asus

Please use rating in the menu to rate me for my assistance. Thank you

Hello, do you need additional assistance on this?

Hello again, didn't hear back from you...
Do you still require assistance on the issue? If all resolved, please rate my answer
Waiting for your reply.