I have a Lenova Yoga 2 I bought in 2014. I noticed when I…

I have a Lenova...

I have a Lenova Yoga 2 I bought in 2014. I noticed when I would charge it the charger would be in the laptop port but the charging icon on the desktop would not light up. I assumed it was because the charger was old and so I just ordered a brand new charger directly from Lenova. I received it about four days ago and I notice I have to physically hold the charger in place if I want the charging icon to activate and the battery to charge. I'm afraid the charging port inside the laptop may need to be tightened or replaced. The laptop is otherwise in perfect condition. What is your advice?

Technician's Assistant: Did you try charging your laptop from a different power source?

Yes, I've tried many different outlets.

Technician's Assistant: Are you using the charger that came with your laptop, or an aftermarket charger?

The charger that came with the laptop And just in case I just ordered a brand new duplicate directly from the official Lenvo website

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, that's it. Just how I can repair the computer, what parts, I might need, and if I need to send it in to Lenova, and what the cost would be.

3/12/2018
Samuel NetEngineer
Samuel NetEngineer, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am one of the experts that is going to help you today. Please give me a moment to look over your question so I don't miss anything.

When did this issue start?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
A few weeks ago

Unfortunately, this is a common reliability issue with lots of laptops. You need to replace the power port cable. There's 2 choices, depending on your technical skill. 1) Find a computer repair shop, either in your city or will do shipping. Just a rough guess is that it's in the range of $75 to &150. 2) If you have the technical skills to open and work on your laptop, I can help you find the power port replacement cable on-line, and do the replacement yourself.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
    I figured that on my own. Do you know what specific part I will need and can you recommend a reputable computer shop near zip code 11215 (in Brooklyn or Manhattan)
    Customer reply replied 1 month ago
    If you can help me find the replacement part online that would also be helpful

The cable looks like this https://www.amazon.com/Charging-Connector-Replacement-Lenovo-DC30100Q500/dp/B013DYOT4C

A reputable shop near you is:

Brooklyn Tech Guy

Address:***** Brooklyn, NY 11215

Phone: (718)(###) ###-####/a>

Please Rate My Service if my answer was sufficient!
    If you have any other questions please let me know, as I always strive for excellent service!!
    Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
    OK, thank you very much.

Not a problem!
    If you could rate my service using the stars above, that would be greatly appreciated.

Have a great day!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
    Do you know the part number if I want to order directly from the official Lenovo website? or a link to the part on the lenovo website as opposed to
    Customer reply replied 1 month ago
    As oppossed to Amazon
    Customer reply replied 1 month ago
    Are you still there?

Yes, one moment.

The part number is *****

Lenovo, however, does not sell individual replacement parts.

You could contact them and see if you can send the laptop in for repair, but as far as replacement parts go, you will have to find them on sites like Amazon, Ebay, or Newegg.

Samuel NetEngineer
    Customer reply replied 1 month ago
    Got it! That was really helpful, thank you so much!

Not a problem, have a wonderful day!

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
    I’m really disappointed, I ordered the part from the exact Amazon link you sent me and took it to a computer repair shop. The part you told me to order is not long enough for my Lenova Yoga 2 laptop and the shop has to order a totally different part. I am out of time and money because you gave me the wrong info. It’s the reason I wanted to talk to an expert in the first place, and now, I am still without a working computer for another week. I’m so disappointed...
    Samuel NetEngineer
    Samuel NetEngineer