I am purchasing the Apple 12” MacBook laptop. I plan on

Hi! I am...

Hi! I am purchasing the Apple 12” MacBook laptop. I plan on purchasing the Windows 10 office 365 for my personal use. I am looking at the HP-Laser Jet Pro M402dw and want to make sure it would be compatible with the laptop and software before I purchase the printer. Can you tell me if it is? Thanks for your help! Cheryl Freed

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your LaserJet?

I haven’t purchased it yet. I just want to make sure it will work for me if I purchase it.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on your jo-1017

I have the laptop ordered and plan to purchase Microsoft Office after I get the laptop home.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Does the printer have a USB port to connect directly to the laptop? Also can the printer be downstairs while I am using the laptop upstairs and print wireless?

3/12/2018
John Lohr
John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello and thank you for choosing JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Is this the new 12" Macbook that you are referring to?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I just ordered it.

Perfect. You can use your printer wirelessly with that laptop just fine, you will just need to connect it to your wireless network and install the drivers on your laptop when it arrives. If you want to use it with USB, you will need an adapter and to once again install the drivers. Shall I send you the link to an adapter that would work for your consideration?

Please ignore the remote support request as it is automated by the website and not sent by me. Did you see my message though?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks! Yes, please send me the link for the adapter. Also, just want to confirm that this printer will work with Microsoft Office? And can be located on the lower level when using the laptop on the upper level of the house?

Yes, it will work with office and can be on another floor when wanting to use it wirelessly. One moment while I get you the link for the adapter

You can order this one which will give you a few other ports that you can use also, and you can pick the color of your macbook so it will match:

https://satechi.net/products/satechi-type-c-pass-through-usb-hub-with-usb-c-charging-port?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIr-rK79Tn2QIVDVcNCh3d8gQ0EAQYBCABEgLHwvD_BwE

There is also this one that is just USB-C to USB that will work, but you will not be able to charge your laptop while using it:

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MJ1M2AM/A/usb-c-to-usb-adapter

Does this help to answer your question?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
you have been very helpful. Thank you so much!

You're welcome, happy to help! Would you mind rating my service 1-5 stars at the top of your screen? It would help me out a lot!

John Lohr
John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer

Thanks you! Have a great day!

John Lohr
John Lohr
John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer