I am experiencing computer issues. I have a custom built…

Hello I am experiencing computer...
Hello I am experiencing computer issues.
I have a custom built computer and it has been running a bit odd for the past few months this is what I have been experiencing.
-Random Crashing (rare)-When I turn off my computer and turn it on next day/morning it sometimes starts updating stuff before the computer is fully booted up and says "Windows working on updates" with the percentage.-In task manager my "Disk" mostly runs around 80%-100% all the time.-In task manager my "CPU" runs very high percentage when I just browse the internet.-And My ram is my biggest concern. I have 2 Ram sticks that are 4gb each. When I'm in Task manager it says "4.1GB Hardware Revered". I'm guessing thats for the windows system programs. So basically I have 3.9GB or ram free to use but it always uses my ram at 2-3gb just normally internet browsing I don't think thats normal. Is it normally that the windows operating system takes 4.1GB to run? I am on the latest version.
I just compleleted wiped my computer a few weeks ago and I am very caareful what I download as well as use CCleaner, Windows defender to protect my computer. Also yesterday I updated my motherboard system (BIOS) It was 2 years behind. I have noticed "Disk" and "CPU" Usage has gone down so maybe its being used more efficiently.I'm not sure what to do or how to diagnose the issue. Please let me know what you think and your feedback.CPU : AMD A10-7850K Radeon R7, 12 compute Cores 4C+8G, 3700 Mhz, (3.70) GHZ
Motherboard : AsusTek Computer Inc A78M-E Rev X.0x
GPU : AMD Radoen R7 260x
Ram : DDR3Thank you.
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/12/2018
Sudipto, Hardware Engineer

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP

Which version of Windows do you use and is it 32bit or 64Bit Windows?

64bit
10.0.16299 Build 16299
Windows 10 Pro

Thanks, ***** ***** are facing crashes and only 4Gb is ram is detected, it means the problem is with a single ram stick, now to confirm which one is defective, you need to remove both the rams and check them one by one.

How do I check them? From looking at burn marks? Or remove one and turn on the computer and check? If I remove the bad one will my computer still turn on?
It detects 8gb but it says 4.1GB is resvered and the other 3.9GB is available

Oh, it is detecting 8GB.

Under Control Panel > System and Security > system
it says "Installed Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB (3.94GB Usable)

You need to check the BIOS settings as it seems 4Gb ram is reserved for the graphics card.

One more possible reason is defective or incompatible rams, sometimes you need to replace both the rams with a new set of rams.

Is it normal that sometimes your Ram can be reserved to your graphics card only?
would I need to reinstall windows if I put in sticks of Ram in?

Yes, it is normal but 4GB is not normal the maximum reserved ram is 100Mb and if you use the same rams sticks then, there is no need to reinstall Windows, first check with one ram stick, if you see the reserved memory is decreased then, check with the other one if you get the same result with both the rams then, the rams are not compatible with each other.

Ok I tested it and noticed one of my Ram sticks are bad. When I went to removed my Ram sticks they were both very hot. Is that normal? Is there such thing has a Ram cooler? I do appreciate the help and feedlback!

No, there is no such thing as ram cooler and they can be hot if they are forced to work harder as one ram is defective the pressure is more on the rams. If you want to use 8GB then, I will recommend you to buy a set of two rams together so that, there are no compatibility issues.

Sudipto, Hardware Engineer
Thank you! That was a lot of help! Appreciate it!