My 2017 tax reporting statement shows account fees $38.08.

My 2017 tax reporting...

My 2017 tax reporting statement shows account fees $38.08. Where do I enter this?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

I have a Dell desktop using Windows 7.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Dell? What have you tried so far?

I never had this problem before. Just don't know where to enter this information.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

The 2017 statement lists this information under "Supplemental information Not Reported to the IRS."

3/12/2018
Robert M., Consultant

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your computer question. All I ask in return is that you please give me a 5 star excellent rating.

what form does this show up in ?

was it a 1099R maybe ?

No. On back of DIV and INT page is the following headings "2017 Miscellaneous Income" , "Summary of 2017 Original Issue Discount"; and "Summary of 2017 Proceeds From Broker and Barter Exchange Transactions" . On next page is "Summary of 2017 Supplemental Information Not Reported to the IRS". The "Account Fees" is the only item that's listed on this page with 15 other items that is not zero and has the value $38.08.
I don't want to securely connect to fix one problem. I may have other problems that I don't know about yet.
I accidentally disconnected. I hope we are still on.
Am I still connected? Is anyone working on my question?

i am here but i am not here 24/7

i will be here most of tuesday

and i am still not understanding

what irs form did you receive that had that information on it ?

I am not talking about any IRS form. The $38.08 is on my 1099 from Fidelity and I am trying to enter that information into Turbotax.

Great was it a 1099b or a 1099r. And what box was it in?

I am sure that you can safely ignore it. But you might be able to deduct it from any capital gains. If you can tell me exactly where it was I can make sure

You can deduct them as a miscellaneous expense if they were not reported to the irs.

• In your open return, select My Account
  • Tools
  • Topic Search
  • Type 'investment advisor fees' in the box, then select GO
I am not totally happy because it took to long to get a response and expert didn't seem to understand my question.
The Account Fees are indicated on the page after the 1099-MISC page.
I guess I don't know what you mean by in my "open return". Don't know where "My Account" is located. Is that in the Final Return section of Turbotax?
Found what I felt was an applicable input location in TurboTax. Under "Less Common Expenses".

well that is where it would go

it is an account fee

the question is whether it was already deducted from any payments that you received in which case it goes nowhere it was already deducted.

you can put it in other investment expense but it needs to be 2% of your AGI to actually deduct it

1. from within your return, click Federal Taxes
  2. Then, Deductions & Credits
  3. Scroll to the Retirement and Investments section
  4. You will find two expenses sections:
    Investment Interest Expenses - If you borrow money to finance investments, the interest you pay is considered investment interest. If you have investment interest expense, you can deduct it up to the amount of your net investment income.
    Other Investment Expenses - To qualify for this deduction, your investment and other miscellaneous expenses have to exceed 2% of your adjusted gross income (AGI).
Robert M., Consultant
Thanks.
I did not get the refund Turbotax indicated I should get. How do I find out how the IRS calculated a different amount?