I can't download TurboTax 2017 Deluxe bought through Amazon.

Customer Question
I can't download TurboTax...

I can't download TurboTax 2017 Deluxe bought through Amazon. I was sent to a page to disable the firewall and I cannot change it from "firewall on" to "firewall off".

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

HP Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Tried to click on firewall off. It won't register ~ it says "not recommended"

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Don't know what else they need My TT support # Is###-##-####. I need to close the firewall so I can download my TT 2017 Deluxe and get started on my taxes!!

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
3/12/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Ricky Expert, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 4 months ago
Ricky Expert
Ricky Expert, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Which program are you using for the firewall?

I'm on an HP all-in-one PC windows 10 ~ never dealt with a firewall before so I don't know what program I'm on. Can you help me figure out what program it is by asking me some more questions?

Thank you. How do you get to the spot that says "firewall on" and "firewall off"?

I paid for TT 2017 Deluxe with 1 state program and online download. Shouldn't there be some free help from TT?This is getting very expensive and I made certain I got free downloads when I purchased this program. I've used TT for about 12 or more years. I've downloaded many other programs. I hate sounding cheap, but this is $44 in help that I shouldn't have.

I do not work for Turbo Tax, this is JustAnswer, an independent tech support website.

I got to the firewall page by opening a support email and clicking on the item that TT support sent to me when I called 1-***-***-****. They said I would get information to download my paid-for TT Deluxe. Being a bit stressed I know "item" is incorrect but I can't think right now of the correct word (connection ? lead?).Got to get this downloaded. What can I do?? Please??
I'm so sorry to take your time. I thought I was in TT. Please forgive me and Thanks. I'll try to contact them.Gratefully, gnuss

Sorry, I think you ended up at the wrong site in that case. No problem, have a great rest of your day.