Calls on my Skype do not go through. I have made sure that I…

Customer Question
Calls on my Skype do...
Calls on my Skype do not go through. I have made sure that I am on line. As well my contacts have told me that they are on line when I am on line. I have shut down my computer and restarted it and Skype. I have disconnected an reconnected the router. I have updated my Skype as well as my contacts have updated their Skype. I have the most recent version of Windows. Yet the calls do not go through. Can you get it working for me.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
3/12/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Benjamin Larson, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 4 months ago
Benjamin Larson
Benjamin Larson, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, I'm Benjamin. Welcome to our site. I'm reviewing your question now and I'll reply with more details ASAP.

So my understanding is you can logon to Skype, but the calls aren't working on your Windows computer.

Do you happen to have a smartphone? I'm wondering if we could have you try making calls through the smartphone app and see if that works. That will help tell us if it's an issue with your computer, account, or router.

Unfortunately I do no have a smart phone. Just a regular cell phone.
I can log unto Skype its just that the calls are not going through. As mentioned I do not have a smart phone so we will have to try something else.
What do you suggest being I do not have a smart phone
Are you still there
Hi, I can still try to help you here. I did not respond previously because I saw you had requested a priority service of remote login which I was not able to do so I left that available to other experts.
If you want to wait for that someone should help. Otherwise I can help you here.
I would appreciate it if you could help me.
In the event you are unable to help me I will then wait for a remote technician. So how can you help?
Sure, I will try here for you. Now is this a new issue? We're you able to make calls before?
I was able to make calls on Skype before. Just not now. This is a new issue as I had other problems in the past with Skype that were corrected.
Did you make some changes to Skype, your router or computer that may have caused this issue?
The only change was that Skype was updated. Yet once it was updated to a newer version it worked. Then it stopped working being that calls will no longer go through. I have not made changes to my computer or router.
Are you still there or are you working on a response
Can you still help
Are you still there

Hi, my apologies for not responding sooner. I was feeling ill and didn't logon.

When you say calls won't go through - have you tried both making the call or answering the call?

I was having trouble making a call and answering a call. However, it is working now. It turns out it was my fire wall and my modem.
Glad to hear that it is working! Is there anything else you need from me?
I will let you know if I need anything from you.
Tech Support Specialist: Benjamin Larson, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 3 months ago
Ok glad to hear that we got it working!