I have been unable to connect my kindle to my WIFI for over…

I have been unable...

I have been unable to connect my kindle to my WIFI for over a week now. Have unplugged and restarted the router. I believe the problem is that we recently changed the router password ***** for some reason Kindle is not connecting. Husband's laptop is not having this problem.

Technician's Assistant: Are you able to connect using an ethernet cable?

Haven't tried that.

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are colored and/or blinking on your router?

All are on, not blinking except for 1 blue one which says "5"

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

I just spent time with internet provider making sure that wasn't the source of the problem.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/12/2018
Jason Jones, Computer Expert

I look forward to helping you today.

Did you already enter the new wireless password ***** the Kindle's configuration?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason

I don't think so. Don't know where to do it.

May I ask for the model name of your Kindle?

If the Kindle isn't connected, it won't allow you to do so either.

I don't understand your last message.

Please, tell me the model name of your Kindle.

Kindle Fire, Gen3? Old one.

Thank you for that information.

1. Swipe down from the top of the screen to show Quick Settings, and then tap Wireless.
  2. Verify that Airplane Mode is Off.
  3. Make sure that WiFi is on.
  4. Tap your wireless network and then choose to Forget the network.
  5. Now that it has the old password ***** tap the wireless signal again, enter the new password, and connect.

Did that work for you?

Jason Jones, Computer Expert

Thank you. Let's begin the remote help session now.

You must run the application below on a computer. It will not work on any phone or tablet.

Follow the instructions below to begin the remote helping screen.

Remote page: http://remote.jasonfixedit.com

After clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 61
- And then click the circle button to start the remote application.
After the file finishes downloading, please open the file and run it.

Thank you for your time and patience today.

In the future, if you need any help with anything in the categories below, please let me know.

On this website, I am an expert in each of the following categories listed below:
- Computer
- Networking
- Mac
- Printer
- Cell Phones
- E-Readers
- Android Devices
- Laptop
- Computer Hardware
- Software
- Email
- Microsoft Office
- Smartphones
- Office Equipment
- Programming
- Consumer Electronics

In the future, if you wish to work with me, ***** *****, you may ask your question at the following page that you may bookmark/favorite, if you wish. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with -For ***** ***** Only!-

My Profile Page:

http://JasonFixedit.com