I want to be sure my Apple password is the same on my phone…

Customer Question
I want to be...

I want to be sure my Apple password ***** ***** same on my phone as it is on my PC - and at this point I think I am "swimming in passwords" for all my tech stuff and want to unify this all down to one password ***** everything technology wise - so I can remember it.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Probably when I purchased my new 8+ phone about three months ago - when I was in the AT and T store the tech changed my password ***** with my assistance - which seemed to screw up everything on the phone - I even don't have the ability to type in my password ***** the ICloud on my PC because the password ***** is requested on the screen via my PC does not respond to a password. This is all very confusing to me on why I need a password ***** open my PC and ICloud and Apple ID on my phone - which is the big problem right now.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Nope, don't know how.

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

All I want to do is to unify my passwords on all this tech stuff - which seems to change all the time and is extremely confusing for this old man!! I want one password ***** all to be unified. I have enough problem remembering passwords for about a dozen other things - I don't want this frustration with my PC, ICloud and telephone.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Computer
Please cancel my request since I am out of time and will be away for the rest of the afternoon - and please cancel my $5 free trial subscription to this service since I have explained the process two times and all I get is the marketing material saying how great this service is - whatever happened to a telephone where I don't have to spend a long time with this simple issue of just setting a unified password ***** all these things? Why does this have to be so complex and time consuming? Again, please cancel my $5 free trial for this service - I don't want any more marketing material - all I want is a simple answer to a simple question which does not take hours to answer.
3/12/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Benjamin Larson, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 5 months ago
Benjamin Larson
Benjamin Larson, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, I'm Benjamin. Welcome to our site. I'm reviewing your question now and I'll reply with more details ASAP.

Ah, I believe I can help you. If you change your mind and still want help, please reply here. Now that I've replied to your question, if you respond I'll get a notification and I can reply to you faster. If you still just want the refund, reply here with that and I'll mark your question for refund by customer service (I'm an expert, and I'm here to help with tech issues, but I don't deal with the money stuff. )

Thanks!

Oh, and I do apologize for the slow response. This site is staffed by customer service and other people, but us experts are 3rd party experts. I personally am a software engineer for my day job and I work on this site to help people in my free time and earn extra money for my family. If a lot of people ask questions and we don't have as many of use available sometimes the questions don't get answered as fast as everyone would like. Again, my apologies.

Benjamim, I'm back for just a few minutes and appreciate your response. Please be sure I obtain a refund since I really don't plan to do anything with this issue - and will change phones, computer and other things if I need to in order to rectify this issue. This process has been way too complicated for reasons inconceivable to me. Please be sure I obtain a refund of the $5 and I really don't want any continuing service - so please be sure I don't receive any continuing cost for this. I was in the service industry in my career - been retired for ten years - and I don't want to be involved with solving a problem that seems so simple and is made so complicated by a process which is ridiculous. I definitely don't want any additional material talking about how great this service is. Again, please be sure you initiate a refund and indicate that I don't want any continuing charges. Thank you in advance for this assistance. Larry Fischer

Hi Larry, I don't work for JA, I'm an independent contractor. I just wanted to offer to help since I only get paid by answering questions here. I'll forward your request to the JA customer service folks.