I have a microSD memory card which was used in my camcorder…

I have a microSD memory...
I have a microSD memory card which was used in my camcorder and recorded without a problem.
However, when I put the card into an adapter and put that into a card reader, I get "there is a problem with e: drive, start scan".
I'm confused because this happens when I put it into a different computer too or when I use a different reader.
But when I replace the micro with a normal size SD card, the problem goes away.
3/12/2018
Richard, Computer Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

The issue is the data got corrupted on it, this is the cause of the problem

But if you do the scan it should then allow you to access the information.

Can you allow it to so the scan pleases and tell me how it then performs.

To be clear, the scan will NOT erase the data?

Any data that is corrupted will be lost, but there is nothing you can do.

If you wish to salvage anything off the card you need to do the scan else you cannot access the card again

Last question. I would be afraid to scan the card then. But if some data is corrupted, why would it still play fine in my camcorder?

Because the camera is reading it in a different format.

But it is ok, if you do not wish to do the Scan or feel what I am saying is correct, then you can just leave it and not use the card on windows.

But with this issue, you will likely lose recordings.

Richard, Computer Specialist
Thank you.