Windows 7 locked..password lost. Dell laptop windows 7 home…

Customer Question
Windows 7 locked..password ***** ...

Windows 7 locked..password *****

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Dell laptop windows 7 home premium

Technician's Assistant: What Dell model do you have?

Insperion

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Inspiron? Have you installed any updates recently?

Updates install automati aly...have not been anble to do it

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Una

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/12/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you. This can be a very tough situation to get around but I do have a couple things you can try. Please stand by for instructions

This method of recovering the password ***** or may not work, it really depends on how complex of a password ***** were using. You will also need a few things to attempt this, you will need a computer with a CD burner as well as a blank CD. I will provide you the steps on what to do but honestly if you feel like these steps are over your head your quickest solution may be to just take the computer to your local repair shop and have them get you into the computer, this is a relatively cheap fix at most shops.

Now if you want to try yourself here is what you need to do.

First check if by chance the computers default administrator account is enabled, if it is you can use that to reset the password. Here is how you check:

Restart your PC, and keep tapping the F8 keyboard button.

When you arrive at the safe mode prompt choose Safe Mode with Networking. Now Windows will start in Safe Mode. Select the default Administrator account from the login, the password ***** be left blank. If you can log in with this account or any other administrator account click start choose control panel, click users and change the password ***** the locked account.

If you do not have the administrator account or any other accounts besides guest follow the instructions below.

1. Download and save this free password ***** tool here http://ophcrack.sourceforge.net/download.php?type=livecd Click the Ophcrack Vista LiveCD (This works for Win 7 too)

2. Once that download has finished download this free burning program http://cdburnerxp.se/

3. Install then open the Cdburnerxp program and select Burn ISO Image Add the ophcrack ISO file you saved earlier to this blank disk

4. Once you have created the bootable ophcrack CD place that into the locked computer and start the machine. You will need to boot from the CD so look for a message on the computer that says "Press any key to boot from CD"

5. If done correctly the ophcrack program will start scanning and when finished it will show you all the passwords it was able to find.

As I said depending on the complexity of the password ***** may or may not be able to get it. In this case I suggest you take the computer to your local repair shop where they have the equipment to easily get around the password

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating for providing you a quick answer! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Will try this...may tske awhile
Will get back to you to let u know

Sounds good.

Will try this...may tske awhile
Will get back to you to let u knowPLEASE SECURELY CONNECT!

Sorry I cannot fix this remotely. The secure connection offer is automated so disregard that.

Will try myself ...may tske awhile

As I mentioned this is a difficult fix so your best bet may be to take it for repair at your local computer shop where they have the tools to easily get around the password.