I have a couple of issues. First when I attempt to type two…

Customer Question
I have a couple...

I have a couple of issues. First when I attempt to type two letters or numbers consecutively it won't type the second letter or digit without me hitting the delete key.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Where can I find that info?

Technician's Assistant: The Computer Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

For several days now. Also when attempting to sign into my mail at yahoo it keeps adding extra characters

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Yahoo? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

On this laptop

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

None, I don't know where to go for a fix

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

No I don't think so ok

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
I would like the answers typed here. I cannot access my email because it keeps adding characters
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
ok
3/12/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Fran, Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Fran
Fran, Computer Support Specialist

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question today. I apologize for the extended wait time you've experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

thank you

would you like remtoe support?

I don't want remote access. I would like the answer here please.

Ok just checking you had requested remote support above. Ok are you on a laptop or desktop?

laptop

Have you blown out the keyboard? sometimes dirt gets in the keyboard and cause keys to stick

that's can't be the problem because it happens with every single key

Are you running windows 10 or 7? we need to try the on board keyboard

10

Ok in the search bar at the bottom left type in on screen keyboard and click on it and see if you have problems with that keyboard. let me know results

nothing types when I use the on screen keyboard

you use the mouse to press the keys?

I did

Ok sorry I'm unable to help with this problem I'll opt out so another expert can help you.

okay
hello?
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 4 months ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Hi there and welcome

Different expert here

ok, I want to do a system restore please.

To do this, close all programs.

Press the windows key (the one to the left of the left ALT key) + R and type in the run box that opens

rstrui

Press enter

Then follow the onscreen steps to choose a system restore and choose a date before this problem occurred.

Let it complete and tell me if it now functions correctly please

A system restore would be completely unnecessary. I brought the laptop to Best Buy where I purchased it. As soon as I told him the issue he knew exactly the problem. A windows update changed the settings on the keyboard. It was fixed within 5 minutes. It’s a shame that the tech staff at you office is not given the proper training to fix simple issues like this. You should speak with your boss to address the issue of better training. It would’ve been a shame to have restored my system. Have a good day

It is a different way to achieve the same result, both without a detrimental effect. You may be confusing a restore with a reset.

Glad it is now solved and all the best