I have Office 2011 for Mac, running High Sierra OS 10.13.3.

Customer Question
I have Office 2011...

I have Office 2011 for Mac, running High Sierra OS 10.13.3. As of last night, I am no longer able to launch Word. Backstory: STAGE ONE: JUST prior to NOT being able to launch Word, I was able to work in a existing, newly created Word document, and launch with no problem. During this Stage ONE period, my Macbook Pro circa 2013 laptop computer would crash when I was adding headers/footers. As I was ALMOST done with the Word document, had STOPPED trying to add headers/footers, STAGE TWO, crash on startup began to happen.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a PRAM reset on your Mac (rebooting and holding down Command, Option, P, and R)? Or rebooting in Recovery Mode (holding down Command and R)?

Nope, wanted to check in with you all first. I also need to back up some files to icloud before I zap the PRAM. Should I also reinstall Office 2011?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

One thing - what does the LATEST version of Office for Mac cost?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/12/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 4 months ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Power off the mac

Then start the Mac and hold down the Command and R keys at startup.

Hold these keys until the Apple logo appears. After your computer finishes starting up, you should see a desktop with an OS X menu bar and an OS X Utilities window

choose Disk Utility from the Utilities window, or from the Installer menu if you're started from an installation disc.

Click the First Aid tab.

Click the disclosure triangle to the left of the hard drive icon to display the names of your hard disk volumes and partitions.

Select your Startup Disk (usually named "Macintosh HD").

Click Repair. Disk Utility checks and repairs the disk.

Let this complete and when it has, tell me if you still have the problem please.

OK, I will do this - I need to quickly verify the icloud backup of my most recent files... the files I was having issues with.Let me know (later) if there is anything I will need to do to clean up those files.Last thing - what does the most current version of Office for Mac cost? Is it compatible with Mac OS 10.13.3?
No need for your assistance, thank you.

Thanks, ***** ***** version is 2016

IT depends on which one you want but you can see the prices here

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/b/office?invsrc=search&ocid=aid620866_sem_wjeojqaaahgyn3ng:20180312143408:s&s_kwcid=al!4249!3!251418166239!b!!g!!%2bmac%20%2boffice&ef_id=wjeojqaaahgyn3ng:20180312143408:s&activetab=tab:mac

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And please take a second to rate my service for now by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit

Thank you

Hello again,Re: Word crashing - Not fixed yet, still crashes on startup.Robin

Can you please put the 2011 disk into the mac and run the installation again

Let this complete and tell me how it then functions please