Well I was scammed and hacked into today by someone claiming…

Hi Well I was...

Hi Well I was scammed and hacked into today by someone claiming to be a windows Microsoft tec and sold me by credit card 200 dollars of safety for 2 years and I thought about it and called back the number they gave and it was disconnected and no longer in service! Yikes what have I done?

Technician's Assistant: What Microsoft model do you have? And the version of Windows?

Windows is 8.1 and I'll have to look for the other

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Just today I talked to them I haven't tried anything

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Still looking for the Microsoft numbers

3/12/2018
Moses C
Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer.com, this is a preminum/paid service, thank you for utilizing our service.
I am sorry to hear that you are facing problem with your computing device.
I will be the expert in assisting with the issue you are having.
can you explain me a bit more about this

What exactly are you having trouble with?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
they claimed to be adding a system that would protect me for 2 yrs I don't know how they got in but they were already using the cusor and running a scan on the computer for almost an hour

Microsoft or Apple do not send unsolicited email messages or make unsolicited phone calls to request personal or financial information or fix your computer. Treat all unsolicited phone calls or pop-ups with skepticism. Do not provide any personal information.

These fake pop-ups are nothing more than a scam, and you should not give away your username and password ***** any account recovery codes and do not purchase anything from numbers listed in these alerts.

Whatever you do, please do not call the phone number for support because it is not Apple or Microsoft’s but rather a group of scammers waiting to rob you of hundreds of dollars under false pretenses.

The fake Tech Support pages are usually malicious websites which are used by cyber criminals to promote their remote support services. These Tech Support pop-ups will state that you computer is infected and that you need to call their paid support service to remove the infection. This is a bogus claim, and an attempt to make you pay for their fake system updates, malware and virus removal “services.”

you can download and run few of the protection tools like anti malware and anti browser hijack free tools from google search and run them on the computer to make sure it absolutely clean.

Moses C
Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you for the info I got taken! How do I know my computer is working properly? Can it be armed with something so they cannot get into my computer again? and have they made any attachments compromising my computer?

To get started with our SECURE REMOTE ASSISTANCE session, please click on the link above:

On the page that opens up, click "I Agree."

Download the remote file when prompted, and then OPEN/RUN the "Elsinore Screen Connect" file downloaded (at the very bottom of your browser window, usually in the lower left corner.)

I'll then be connected.

I am connected to you computer now.

I will take control of your computer mouse.

we will use the remote chat to communicate further on the live remote screen.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok I am here

working on it

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Moses Holy, You are finished aren't you?!

yes its fixed.

Dont give any username or password ***** any unknown source.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you you are very much appreciated and Never again will I make that mistake!!!
Moses C
Moses C
Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer