Yesterday, a TIVO person, AMBIE, worked with me for about…

Yesterday, a TIVO person...

Yesterday, a TIVO person, AMBIE, worked with me for about 1-2 hrs. Said would return to me today but has not. Problem: every NBC station that I have recorded programs on always has this message: "The NBC affiliate in San Jose has exercised its right to request that this cable system balckout duplicated NBC programming on KSBW-TV. Questions about this non-duplication should be addressed to KNTV. Thank you for your understanding." I can receive every other station; just not NBC.

Technician's Assistant: What TiVo model do you have?

VOS

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your TiVo media player?

What do you mean?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Not really. I started this yesterday with Xfinity and they did everything they knew how and finally realized it was a Tivo problem.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm not sure what is taking so long; it's been almost an hour I've been waiting.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is the tech person still working on my problem? Perhaps, I should ask for my $5. back. I have been waiting almost 2 hours on an answer. I'm beginning to think this is a ripoff.
3/12/2018
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Affiliates can request that certain recordings get blocked.

There isn't any way around this except to search for and watch a repeat.

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How do I get rid of the station message and find another one ? Every NBC station is blocked.

What all have you tried so far?

Have you tried unplugging the TiVo box and restarting it?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No.

Ok, please give it a go and let me know if it works...

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don’t have time to do this now. Will try later and let you know.
Ok let me know how it goes.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If I unplug TiVo will I lose every setting I have? I don’t want to reprogram all recordings.

No, you will not lose any settings by unplugging it.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Unplugged Tivo; message does not go away. I went in to all the recordings of The Voice, deleted the recordings. Found The Voice coming on tonight at 8:00 so created another one Pass for this. Won't know results until tonight.

Ok, keep me updated tomorrow...

Thanks!
Pete.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I also deleted recordings of This is Us. Perhaps, you can look at my original message and see if there is another station alternative. I've tried calling KNTV without success. There must be another NBC affiliate in San Jose area; just not able to find it. I cannot believe that NBC is missing all of Silicon Valley!!!

Have you tried Channel 11?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No national stations are on this channel that I can see this afternoon. Maybe it will record at 8:00. I tried Channel 24 and this station is set to record The Voice at 8:00. Is there another affiliate possibility?

You can watch missed episodes online at

https://www.nbc.com/the-voice/episodes

--------------------

Pete.

--------------------

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Well, sad to say that Channel 11 had no NBC recordings; Channel 24 had the Voice on for about 3 minutes and then went to the original message about the NBC affiliate. This is when I clicked on Tivo, my shows. I can watch, like you said, nbc.com repeats. This is not very satisfactory though. I am beginning to suspect that NBC does not want their programs duplicated so there must be a reason for this that we have not uncovered yet. Surely I am not the only person that has complained about this.

This is actually the first time I have heard of this problem occurring.

Have you tried calling KNTV at(###) ###-####

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’ll try in the morning and let you know.

Ok, let me know if I can be of any further assistance at all.

You can reply back at any time, even after rating my service :)
Pete.

Pete, Computer Engineer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
You will be happy to know that I called KNTV; they thought about changing Channel 11 & 24 to 3 or 703. I did that and the message has disappeared so far. I will test it again tonight when The Voice plays. Thanks for all of your service.
Pete, Computer Engineer