A bottle Pier 1 oil spilled on my computer and now its all…

Hi. a bottle Pier...

Hi. a bottle Pier 1 oil spilled on my computer and now its all through out it. The scree still comes on but is blurry and the commands works but I don't know for how long. Can you help me

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

One minute please

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

How do i tell

Technician's Assistant: The Computer Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Its a intel, touch screen, black light keys, bought it about 2 1/2 yrs ago

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/12/2018
Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

You are at www.justanswer.com services.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out

where did the oil spill..on the keyboard or on teh screen

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the entire computer its everywhere
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can do it via tract or emaul
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Or do I need to wait to tomorrow

in that case if the oil has penetrated to the internal components then there is a high possibility that it will short the internal components

the immediate step you need to take is turn off computer and unplug the power source

next wipe off excess oil wherever visible and then take the unit in for service

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
where should I take it

since its a hardware issue, i did not accept the remote service request as this has nothing to do with the computer settings

let me know your post code and i can locate the nearest service center for you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
as the computer warms up the screen is very clear
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
07727

can you let me know the make of the computer like hp, dell, lenovo etc

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
dell

give me a minute or 2 please while i check

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it works for now but i don't know for how long it will keep my school work or even turn on

if possible backup all your important files on external storage like a usb flash drive or hard drive

thanks for your patience

you can first of all backup your important files onto external storage like a usb flash drive or can attach the files to an email and send it to your own email address

once you have backed up, turn off computer and you may give a call at below mentioned number to schedule a service

1-***-***-****

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
how do i do that

do you have an external usb flash drive with you

if not i can help you backup your files on google drive

would you like me to?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok its taking m4e a bit

if you wish i can remote connect and help you with backup . let me know if you would like me to do so or you would do the backup yourself

Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i need help
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm on another computer is that going to be a problem

Follow these steps to remote connect
on the problem pc, type the below link in a browser to open it

https://tinyurl.com/y8oz98kw
in the page that opens you will see just answer remote desktop..scroll down the page and click on i agree
it will download a file Elsinore screen connect exe at bottom of screen
once its downloaded, open\run the file ..you can double click on it to run it
once it starts to run it will ask do you want to allow the file to make changes...say yes to it

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok so o far

connnected now

you can chat with me on that chat screen on remote connection

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i finally remembered my password
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the screen is getting harder to see

ok

Customer hi\michelle this sideCustomer i am now connectedCustomer is this the computer on which there has been an oil spill
Guest: yesCustomer can you open the folder where all your important files are saved
Guest: there are severalCustomer in that case let me know do you have a google accountCustomer an email with gmail.com
Guest: yesCustomer thanks for signing inCustomer next i will show you how to backup files on one driveCustomer you can then use the same process to backup all of your filesCustomer can you open a folder where most of your files are saved
Guest: just drag and drop all my stuff iwant tosave?Customer i will show you one file
Guest: i made a folder called back upCustomer you can do it for all othersCustomer you need to open google drive and then my driveCustomer once you are on this page watch how i add a file
Guest: ahh this is hardCustomer in that case let me give you the stepsCustomer and you do itCustomer type google drive and press enter
Guest: done
Guest: open googledrive now?Customer now clcik my drive
Guest: kCustomer clcik newCustomer on top leftCustomer then clcik new file uploadCustomer select any one file that you wish to backup and then clcik open
Guest: k
Guest: kCustomer if you wish to backup a folder you can select the upload folder option from new button on the google drive pageCustomer let me try uploading a folder for you
Guest: kCustomer i hope now you know how to upload your data
Guest: apparently i dont
Guest: oh sorry i meanim stilllearningCustomer yesCustomer let me tell you what needs to be doneCustomer for example you uploaded fall 2017 folder. so now anytime if you wish to access this folder you can access it online as well from any computer by opening google driveCustomer once you have added all your files you can simply turn off computer and get a service scheduled. after service once you have your computer back, even if there is any data loss you don't have to worry as all your files would be safe on google driveCustomer to add on i would suggest to use rubbing alcohol to wipe off and clean and computer externally. if you see that oil has pemetrated internally, its best to get the computer checked through a service technician by calling at the toll free number i gave you
Guest: great cause it all through outit
Guest: im having a harder time loading jusst filesCustomer the folder uploads have been done correctly
Guest: okwhat about thelone filesCustomer you can them using file upload optionCustomer you can alos do multiple file selectionCustomer please dont upload windows files and folders
Guest: itried that toobut it didntworkCustomer only the files you craetedCustomer let me upload the files in your documents folderCustomer please leave the mouse
Guest: thankuCustomer i uploaded all the individual files on the my documents folderCustomer if you can tell me what all files you wish to backup i can do it for you real fast
Guest: i think we got it all. thank you dou have that nuber for the repair companyCustomer yes make a note of itCustomer 1-***-***-****
Guest: oh photosCustomer its dell service contact number
Guest: can u find thoseCustomer yes i can upload the photos
Guest: i vcan hardly see my screen nowCustomer leave the mouse and i will do that
Guest: kCustomer where are your photos scaved
Guest: looks like i never saved them here did uouget all the documents that staryted with chemiistry?Customer yes i will check once more
Guest: i think u did i juust want to makeCustomer seems its all doneCustomer did you make a note of the 1800 number with you
Guest: great.that was painful on my end. hope ii wasnt to bad for you .the fumes fromthe oil is giving me a headache
Guest: cna u tell if im still under a warranetyCustomer usually dell computers have a 1 year base warranty
Guest: jusst my luckCustomer so if you purchased extra warranty that would be in your dell account
Guest: thank you for all your helpCustomer you are welcome. you need to turn off the computer and unplug power cordCustomer give a call at the 1-800 number i gave and get a service scheduled
Guest: ok willdo.what happens if i dont
Guest: oh and i didnt see the 1800numberCustomer if the oil has penetrated internally, then there is a high chance that the oil on coming in contact with the main board will blow up teh circuits
Guest: wowgood toknow
Guest: can i have the number one more timeCustomer 1-***-***-****Customer make a note of the number on paper
Guest: got it.again thank you so muchCustomer you are welcomeCustomer i will now end the sessionCustomer please turn off computer asap
Guest: ok have a good night/mornignCustomer you tooCustomer bye!!!
Michelle
Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist