I am using my son's computer as I have been locked out of my…

I am using my...

I am using my son's computer as I have been locked out of my laptop for 3 days now. Microsoft is suddenly not recognizing my password ***** enable me to login. after my first attempt failed I checked cap lock and was careful to ensure that all keys were working properly but to no avail. I have tried to set reset my password ***** times now following all instructions but have been rejected each time, now I have to open a new account. The information they have been asking for has been quite difficult to find as most of the answers are on the computer I am logged out of. The bank I have been able to get to on this computer. One problem is I have recently located to Australia from the UK and my account was set up there years ago and so addresses and e-mails have changed. If I open a new account will this enable me to log in to my laptop????

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

Dell XPS L501X, but I am not sure what you mean by OS? Where will I find it.?

Technician's Assistant: The Laptop Technician will be able to walk you through that. The Laptop Technician will be able to walk you through that. What have you tried so far with your XPS? Have you installed any updates recently?

Maybe i-tunes, I'm not sure. As to the XPS I can't try anything as since windows 10 was installed I have to enter a password ***** gain access anything

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No I don't think so, do I need to switch on my dell? I have pressed the key to say I have forgotten my password ***** done everything they have asked of me but nothing works

3/12/2018
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you. What do you see above the password ***** on your computer? Is it an email address?

Please note: You may see offers for ADDITIONAL SERVICES that are automatically generated by the website. They are completely optional. Please feel free to ignore them.

GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It is my old e-mail address***@******.***
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
what happened to the remote assistance?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My current e-mail is***@******.***
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
why can she not connect? or chat?

I am terribly sorry. I had a client with a followup question that took much longer than I originally anticipated.

To start our SECURE REMOTE ASSISTANCE SESSION please click on the link below:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=f0d26970-1da9-4336-8a07-f5d6fe58b587

On the page that opens up, click "I Agree."

Download the remote file when prompted, and then OPEN/RUN the "Elsinore Screen Connect" file downloaded (at the very bottom of your browser window, usually in the lower left corner.)

I'll then be connected.

Please let me know if you have any questions or issues. Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am still on a different computer am I just to click on the link will that connect you to mine?

Yes, please. Even though you are on a different computer because you are using an email address to log in that indicates that you are using a Microsoft account and we should be able to reset the password ***** your son's computer.

If you're having difficulty with the SECURE REMOTE ASSISTANCE please let me know. We can probably reset it without that. Please check your gmail address for a code from Microsoft and let me know when you have it.

Thank you for allowing me to connect to your computer. Because we can't access your original email account, we won't be able to reset your Microsoft password. However, we may be able to use the built-in Microsoft RESET functions in Microsoft 10. I will type up instructions and send them to your current email address. Thank you for your patience.

GeekGal
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist