I can't access my Microsoft email account. It tells me to…

Customer Question
I can't access my...

I can't access my Microsoft email account. It tells me to reset my password. I tried to get back to it by sending an email to someone else . But then I lost where I put the 4 number code. So I couldn't change my password. I need help to fix it. Please help. code

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Microsoft account on any other devices?

No

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

I have my cell number

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

No just can't access my account.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
3/12/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Aparna Indresh, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 4 months ago
Aparna Indresh
Aparna Indresh, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

The sooner the better.

Please follow the below steps in order to reset the password ***** your Microsoft email account:

To reset your password:

Please let me know if it works for you.

• Go to the https://account.live.com/password/reset.

• Choose the reason you need your password ***** then click Next.

• Enter the Microsoft account email address you're trying to recover.

• Enter the characters you see on the screen, then click Next.

• If you have security info on your account, we'll send a one-time code to the alternate phone number or email address you gave us. After you enter the code on the next screen, you'll be able to make a new password.