I'm not sure. I'm glad to be talking with you. The printer…

I'm not sure. Technician's...

I'm not sure.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

I'm glad to be talking with you. The printer is headed out a nearby window. Perhaps we can save it.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your printer?

It just started this afternoon. Earlier, it was able to print some recipes for my wife.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

I'm not sure how to answer that.

3/11/2018
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. Please provide the brand and model of the printer. Also, is the computer you are printing from a PC or Mac? If PC, what version of Windows?

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Sheri
Sheri, Expert
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Sher-ExpertPrinter is HP7640Printing from PC Windows 10, I think

I see you accepted the system generated remote support offer. I just want to make sure you intended this and want remote support or if it was done in error. I would be happy to connect in and work on the problem. Reply and let me know and i can send you connection information. Otherwise, we can continue via messaging. Let me know so we can go to the next step.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Whichever is faster, for this kind of problem

Ok, give me a moment and I will send you screen connect information.

Please click the below link to join the remote session. There will be a chat box within the session that we can communicate in. Once you click the link, watch the download of Elsinore ScreenConnect and run it once downloaded.

Link:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=e814d3eb-0204-460c-9a67-9a5335eee111

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

I am glad I connected remotely. I was able to download and reinstall the printer software and driver. We tested connectivity. You ran out of time but indicated a cartridge message. Just reply when you wish to continue on that issue.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Sheri --I thought the remote assistance technician had fixed the problem.The printer (Envy 7640) printed out about three pages and quit. I tried to get back to you but was not successful.The printer is giving me an error message about a cartridge problem. I replaced the tricolor cartridge (which was showing empty) and tried again. Same error message. I tried again to reach you or someone else but couldn't find my way through the maze that HP sets up to channel requests like mine to an automated system. I struggled with that for a while and ran out of time. My plan now is to replace the printer, but if you have an alternative that won't take 4 hours of my time, I'd sure be glad to consider it.William H. Friedman
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can't wait any longer. Maybe we can pick up on this tomorrow when I get back to the office.Bill Friedman

Hi Bill,

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with the cartridge replacement now. You can try one last solution if it is not detecting the cartridge replacement. Try removing all cartridges and powering off and unplugging the printer. Next turn it on without the cartridges in it. Then reinstall the cartridges and test.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I'm in the wrong place. I need to talk with a Costco Concierge person and will try doing that tomorrow (Moneday). For now, I'm headed to a Costco warehouse.
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
The above conversation is about my previous printer. I didn't throw it out the window as threatened but I did take it to a Best Buy for recycling. I'm trying to finish installing my new Epson but can't do that until tomorrow. I'll start over then. Thanks for the prompt responses.

Ok, thanks for the update.

Sheri
Sheri
Sheri, Expert