My Microsoft windows 10 system is having issues and I need…

Customer Question
My Microsoft windows 10...

My Microsoft windows 10 system is having issues and I need to reset my password. How can I set my current login and password ***** the current account

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

A Dell xps with windows 10.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your XPS? Have you installed any updates recently?

Actual, I installed the wrong version of Firefox over the current version.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Additionally, Verizon has quit allowing the verizon.net email. (They Want You to pay for it now with the commercial product they own.)

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Computer
3/12/2018
Tech Support Specialist: David L, Systems Engineer replied 5 months ago
David L
David L, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

If you are unable to login and if the account you use to login is a Microsoft account and not a local account click on the following link to open the password ***** web page:

click here

Select the reason you cannot sign in and click Next.
Enter the account email address you're trying to recover.
Enter the characters displayed on the screen, then click Next.

If you have security info on your account, you will receive a one-time code

to the alternate phone number or email address on your account. Once you

receive the code, enter the code on the next screen, and then enter a new

password.