Windows keeps trying to up grade my pc but can't i keep

Windows keeps trying to...

Windows keeps trying to up grade my pc but can't i keep getting a couldn't finish with a code 1709 it try's at lest once a day or more. i have to wait for my pc to restore the old version first

Technician's Assistant: Which software or app can I help with?

I don't know how to fix this problem windows 10

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your software?

Downloading windows download ass. which was no help. other than that going on windows page and not getting any help

Technician's Assistant: The Software Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/11/2018
Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

Can I remotely connect to your computer, so I can troubleshoot this issue with you?

Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator

go here to connect me; https://tinyurl.com/yc9cxnt2
This will download a file named Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client
Double click on this file to run it and connect me remotely.

i have clicked on that and i am returned to the same page that gives me the tinyurl link
i have done that. are you connented

no, did you run file it downloaded?

What web browser are you using?

chrome

it will download the file in the bottom left corner of the window, click on it

Do you want me to put the password *****

yes login

Is it ok if I leave and go for a little while or do I need to do anything else?

can you connect me again? I lost connection.

How
My pc is not goinon the internet it says I have no connection

ok prob why I got disconnected

My phone is still connected

try to restart

Okay
That's not working

are you trying to connect to wireless?

Are we commented now

yes

I don't have any DVD s

thats fine

Is there any thing I can do from on

no, its updating now. It'll restart once its done

This is what it keeps doing

what's it doing?

Windows setup. Windows could not configure one or more system components. To install Windows, Restart the computer and then restart installation

can you get me back on?

Looks like we'd probably need to reload windows which would wipe everything out.

Do you have a external drive to back up things?

No
I will but no I don't have a external hard drive

ok do you want to proceed with an reinstall or wait?

Can you do it without me because I have to leave

no I'm no longer connected, we can continue tomorrow

did you get a dvd to burn?

I didn't know I was supposed to. No I didn't

sorry I don't remember fully where out remote chat session left off

our options are burning a Windows 10 dvd and reload - this will remove all files and programs

doing a reload from Windows itself and keep files - this will remove all programs but we still want to backup files

i'm not sure what you want me to do, what would be the best? would it be the best for me to go buy some dvds and call back to morrow or what do you think?

If you can backup your files we can try to reload from inside Windows, then go dvd route if that fails

I don't know what you are saying. I don't have an external drive. I don't know what you want to do. i don't know how to back up my files.

you'll need a external driver or flash drive

I have a flash drive 8gb one

if your files can fit on there copy them over

how do I do that?

idk what you mean just copy the files to the flash drive

all I know about a flash drive is to plug it in. I don't know what to do after that
are you still there

go to start menu > my computer > flash drive will be D, E F something like that

just copy documents or whatever other files you need and paste them here on the flash drive

I will get my son to help me back up my files because I don't know what i'm doing and it's not doing what I want it to. that would probily be a lot faster. is that ok with you?

yes

I will talk to you tomorrow or so thanks