I have a Dell E310 dw printer which I have used for the past…

Customer Question
I have a Dell...

I have a Dell E310 dw printer which I have used for the past 15 months with no problems until I change my wifi supplier. I tried loading my installation disk and it will not load (have no idea why not) I need help please

Technician's Assistant: Are you able to connect using an ethernet cable?

I am connected with a cable but I don't know(ps I am 80 years old)

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are colored and/or blinking on your router?

Eather net and wireless are blinking. Power , Broadband and Service are solid

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

I use an i pad 4 to connect with wifi

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/11/2018
Tech Support Specialist: technicalcat, Consultant replied 1 month ago
technicalcat
technicalcat, Consultant

Hello and thank you for using this service. My name is ***** ***** I will help you now.

Have you already REconnected the printer to your wireless network? This is usually accomplished by using the buttons and small screen on the printer itself (not your computer)

NOTE: To reply to me, please type your message in the box below and click the button to send.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no if I was connect I would not need help

Phone support would make this much easier and faster to solve. We'll need to go through options on the printer menu, and perform tests. I sent you an offer for that, and if you'd like to accept it, I can connect with you right away.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no call my phone, I can buy a new printer fo $50.00

One thing to consider about the cost of support vs. buying a new printer, is that you'll still need to connect your new printer to your wireless network.

Have you tried going through the menus on the printer , to network/wireless/wifi settings, and then selecting your new wireless network, and keying in the password?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Either help me or cancel the $5.00

Have you tried going through the menus on the printer , to network/wireless/wifi settings, and then selecting your new wireless network, and keying in the password? Look for wireless setup, or wireless setup wizard.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Right now it is it is trying to connect to wlan error came out can not detect a WLAN router that has wps or aoss
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
should I DISCONNECT MY ROUTER AND RESTART?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
if i do that i will be disconnected from you

Don't use WPS. Use standard wireless setup. Choose the option that's not WPS. Then you'll see your list of networks. Select yours, and then you'll be prompted to enter in password. Enter it in. Then you should connect.

Please let me know if this answers your question and you are satisfied, or if you need further assistance or information from me. Thank You.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am sorry but I do not understand what you are talking about

Well, you have to not use WPS. This would be easier to explain over the phone as you could tell me what you see, and I could tell you what to press as we walk through the process. I can tell you that your printer should have an option for you to select your WIFI and enter a password. It usually will give you two options. WPS or "standard" or other setup.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
lets talk by phone my number is(###) ###-####

You have to first accept the offer so I can call you through the system.

Also, if you don't know your wifi password, and you may not, I may be able to remote in to check on that as well if necessary, for no addl fee once you accept the premium service.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I know my password ***** have done nnothing to help me just give me back my $5.00 so just forget it I will buy a new computer,
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I mean a new printer
Andy, Computer Consultant