I reboot my old laptop with xp pro. my wifi open but does…

Customer Question
Hi, I reboot my...

Hi, I reboot my old laptop with xp pro. my wifi open but does not show on the taskbar. so I can not go to internet to update .what can I do ?

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your laptop?

No

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are solid and which are blinking on your router?

I use wifi from my area .on this laptop working perfect .the other also before.but after reboot ...nothing

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Why does not show the wifi connection on the right down side and only dial up connection ? Thanks !

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
3/11/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.
Before we proceed with any troubleshooting, please once shut down your computer and turn it back on.
Let me know when this is done.

hi Suhasini ,just done.ready to continue
I cant connect to internet
hello
Tech Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

I am with you.

Tech Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

Is it a Windows 10?

no.as I say on my report its windows xp pro
Tech Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

Okay, please wait.

before everything was working . after the reboot I lost my wifi connection
Tech Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

Please go to Start> Connect To>Show all connections.

I try it . does not show wifi connection now only dial up connection
Tech Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

Go to Start>Control Panel>Network and Internet>Show network Connections.

Tech Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

What do you see here?

dial up connection and local area connection .the wifi are open bu does not show on the taskbar so I can connect to the internet
Tech Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

DO you see wireless connection there under network connections?

NO NOTHING !!!
Tech Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

In that case I think the Wireless adapter may have went bad.

You may have to purchase an external WiFi adapter which would be like maximum of $20

when I reboot and asked me how to connect I purchase with dial up .maybe this is a problem ?
Tech Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

That shouldn't be and I have to take a look at the computer to check what exactly is going on.

But with the information you have provided me I think you may have to go for a new adapter am sorry.

ok thank you
Tech Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

Is there anything else I can help you with?

no its ok
Tech Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

Thank you.

me too
Tech Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

Since the issue was not fixed.

If you do not wish to utilize our services, you can Customer Support via email at***@******.*** or you can view options for contacting them by chat or phone at ww2.justanswer.com/help to request a refund.
Thank you so much for your time