Lenovo S405 all in one. Nothing on the monitor, tried

Lenovo S405 all in...

Lenovo S405 all in one. Nothing on the monitor, tried rebooting, power light is lit and I can hear the fan. Tried connecting an HDMI monitor and nothing.

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Lenovo S405 all in one

Technician's Assistant: What Lenovo model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

On is windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Started today. tried rebooting, power light is lit and I can hear the fan. Tried connecting an HDMI monitor and nothing.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/11/2018
Shefin, Computer Support Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Remove all external devices, CDs, all cables including power, keyboard and mouse from the computer. Then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. After doing the same, reinsert power and keyboard cables, and turn on the computer.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

It came up. What does holding the power button down without power do? Reset the BIOS?

I am glad to hear that. It drained the flee power that stored in the main board circuits.

Thank you!

Shefin, Computer Support Specialist