I have a new laptop I started setting up a few weeks ago and…

Customer Question
I have a new...

I have a new laptop I started setting up a few weeks ago and don't remmember password *****

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

Dell inspiron 15 windows 10

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Inspiron? Have you installed any updates recently?

No never connected to internet yet just basic setup

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
3/11/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Jason Jones, Computer Expert replied 4 months ago
Jason Jones, Computer Expert

Welcome to JustAnswer.com. My name is***** give me a minute or two to look over your case. If there are any more details that you wish to give me regarding your case, type them in the box below and click the 'reply to expert' button.

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt. The remote service is guaranteed to to help and fix your problem.

Thank you,
Jason

Does the username on the laptop have an @ sign in it or is it just a username?

Just name

Are there any other accounts on the computer?

Just login and password *****

So, it is asking for the password ***** the account that you already created?

if I disconect battery and hook back up will it reset

Okay, do that, please. Does it ask for the password ***** does it log you in automatically?

asks for password

When was the last time that you were able to sign into the computer?

I took the battrery out reset to factory settings i'm back on .

Great, are you logged back in?

had to redo all login

Do you have your password ***** or do you need some help with resetting it?

No already done

Okay, so you are all set? I am glad to hear that. Is there anything else that I can help with?