I’ve problems for awhile trying to get into my yahoo

I’ve problems for awhile...

I’ve problems for awhile trying to get into my yahoo account. I was sent a temporary password ***** get in and it didn’t work. I think some high jacked my account and changed password ***** changed the recovery email just slightly. Please there are sensitive info in files and family records. If there is any way to help me that would be great. Thank you Cari Wells

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Yahoo account on any other devices?

No can not log in

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

No this account was set up years ago before most of that was available.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I don’t know what to ask.

3/11/2018
Russell H., Computer Systems Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your computer / email question.

Hello Russell

If you got the email with the temporary password, after you requested it, then it was genuine, and your email address relating to your Yahoo! account was not changed. It couldn't be, if you got that email, barring extraordinary measures of a very rare kind!

No, it is more likely that your computer, or other device you tried using the temporary password ***** is where the problem is - that its web browser is corrupted and cannot process a proper authorize-securely signal over the internet, or similar issues.

(Or, perhaps, you may have had a problem where you did not use the temporary password ***** time? for they often expire after a short while. If you first tried it hours later, that's sure to have been the problem, not a computer error nor 'hacking' etc.)

So: try a different web browser to log in with - or if trying to log in with the Outlook program for instance, that program might be corrupted, and you ought to try just any browser, entering your username for Yahoo! and the password, at

https://mail.yahoo.com

Since the temporary password ***** undoubtedly expired by now, I advise you to do the above, after requesting, looking out for, taking enough time to retrieve promptly, etc... a new temporary password ***** password *****

Ok I get what you are saying but when I request a new temporary password ***** email it doesn’t go to my email it goes to an email address that is similar to mine.

Can you retrieve it from the email address that is similar to yours?

(And if I may ask - I don't need the whole email address in either case - but if you could mention the 'extent to which the two email addresses differ,' e.g. "an added 's' at the end" or the like, I will tell you what I know about the case out of my entire stock of knowledge and experience....)

Numbers were left off but the rest of the email address was correct. No can not log on with other address

Then how do you know it was sent to that address (with the numbers left off) ? does the page you request the password ***** show that address (with the numbers off) ?

Either way or any way, look in your own email account (with the numbers on it) - in all and any folders, including Trash and especially Spam. Sometimes vital emails end up in Spam, regrettably.

Because when I ask for a new password ***** brings up the email address they are sending it too. Which is not my address.
I can not look in spam because I am not receiving the emails from that account so they have to be going somewhere

You cannot look in the Spam folder? you should check there - once! at least.

The page may be reporting the email address without numbers owing to some quirk of display programming... that can happen, when programmers are hasty and/or an unexpected limit in the code happens. I'm not saying it *is* in your account's Spam folder - I'm not saying that a programming error happened on that page - but, it is *possible*...

Ok which spam folder for the yahoo account? If I don’t have access. No in any other spam because they are all new to replace the yahoo account I can’t get into. So I guess I’m stuck not getting into this account.

.... When you request a reset-password ***** temporary password ***** be sent to you, it is *never* sent to the same address that you need access to, but to another, a 'second' or 'backup' email address. So are these temp. passwords really being sent to the same account you are trying to recover access to?? What is the full and exact message on the page, after you have tried to reset / recover / etc., your Yahoo! password? (you don't have to state the email address part, just the rest, so that I can interpret what is going on for you.)

Ok the recovery email address is the one that had the wrong email address. It is sending the temp. password ***** the wrong address which is not mine. The question is how do I get a new temp password ***** there is no to contact them because both accounts are not accessible.

It sounds like a rock and a hard place, yes, to put it colloqually. And perhaps it is.

Look in all the folders of *your* recover email address... if you can, if I am understanding you anway. It's a good idea to check, just on the rare off chance that your email address won't be simply lost... which is, I have to admit, how it kind of looks as if it may be, at present... At this sort of juncture, any and all options (however improbable sounding) should be checked on.

Ok thanks

After that, there may be one more rather unlikely sounding thing to try. Get back to me when you're sure of the outcome - no email in Spam or other folder, or some email in the recovery email address somewhere. Or you can close this case by rating my answers and work on this, now, if you are genuinely giving up on the problem.... it's up to you where this case ends. Thank you.

I’ll look in my folders but truly don’t think there is anything in them. The yahoo account was my primary all my other emails went to that account.

Understood. And, my sympathies, if the predicament continues...

Russell H., Computer Systems Expert