I have 1 more attempt to enter my locked screen password on…

Customer Question
I have 1 more...

I have 1 more attempt to enter my locked screen password ***** my galaxy s8 plus before it goes to factory reset. i can find my phone on google, but no way to change password. I failed to turn setting on to find my phone on my Samsung account! Will I lose everything on my SIM card? Should I remove SIM card before failed last attempt?

Technician's Assistant: When were you last able to use your Galaxy?

I can still answer texts I receive on my locked screen. I can also answer calls.

Technician's Assistant: Do you have a Google account linked to the phone?

I restarted my phone on Friday to try to overcome glitches, and forgot I changed my password ***** phone restart. Yes I have google account. I was able to go to “ find my phone” and it found my phone, but there was no option to change my password, did I miss it?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

Looking for another way to possibly onlock phone prior to this last attempt so it does not go to factory reset. Perhaps plug it into a computer?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
3/11/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Josh, Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Josh, Support Specialist

Hello:

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!

I do not need assistance any longer, thank you