OUR MAIN COMPUTER someone keeps hacking into what has

HELLO, OUR MAIN COMPUTER someone...
HELLO, OUR MAIN COMPUTER someone keeps hacking into what has recently been experiencing is that we see a prompt box open for a split second and now there are two prompt boxes opening. Also we have a second computers that we hardly use and it didn't have any problems and I turned it on the other and it was fine then tried it the next day and now it also has a prompt box that opens for a split second can anyone tells us why this is happening? Thanks Running Windows 7 with Google/Chrome browser
3/11/2018
Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer

My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist.
I am sorry to hear about this hacking issue. This sounds like there may be some left over malware in the machine from the hack that needs to be unisntalled/removed.

What I would suggest first is to do a full reboot on the computer. You can shut it down, and give it 30 seconds, then boot it backup.

Once you log in, Open a web browser and go to this website to download the free version of a program called Malwarebytes, this will allow you to run a malware scan to check for, and remove any malware infections on the PC:

https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/

The next thing you will want it to run some more virus scans just to be safe.
Two good free ones are:

Emsisoft: https://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/eek/

and
Microsoft Safety Scanner: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/products/scanner

These are both free and easy to use. Simply download them, and run them. Then allow them to check for updates, and run full scans. They may find things called (PUP) or (PUMs) those are harmless and can be removed without issue, but are nothing to be concerned about. You mostly are looking to remove any Trojan or malware that may have gotten into the PC.

Those two plus malwarebytes should give the system a good cleaning. Also after all of these scans, I would do another reboot of the PC to allow them to finish their cleanups.

Best of luck, and if you need any more assistance with this, please let me know. Sometimes these things can get deep into the system and require additional scanning. I can continue to assist or do a remote secure session if you would like. Please let me know if you would like further help.

If this helped you today, please rate me 5 stars!

Thanks,
Jamie

Are you saying to reboot is that just restart? We do already have Malwarebytes and we have Norton Security. This hack has been going on for some time and the issue with the prompt box has just started

Yes, sorry, I am referring to the restart. You can also run a full scan with Norton. That will look for virus's. The other software will look for infections called malware and rootkits. The prompts sounds like they are more related to malware type infections.

Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer