My Ipad has locked as I have forgotten my password. Its

My Ipad has locked...

My Ipad has locked as I have forgotten my password

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Its locked due to the original password ***** purchase forgotten used wrong passwords too many times

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Don't know how

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Are there any charges

3/11/2018
Terry White II
Hello, Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I a Mac Specialist and Tutor of over 15 years. I will be more than happy to assist you with your support request.Just a few quick questions:• Do you have a lock on your iPad’s screen at this time?• Can you recall how many times you tried to reset your password ***** getting locked out?•Lastly, do you see any error message indicating that your “Apple ID is disabled?”Thanks in advance for your response-TD
Terry White II
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I tried maybe 6 different passwords before it locked say activation lock

Thanks for your response and request for a JustAnswer Remote Assistance session.
Please click the link below in order for our remote session to begin:

Secure Remote Desktop Session With TD

Thanks, ***** ***** forward to joining with you shortly!

TD

If you have any issues with connecting, let me know and I will guide you through into our session:)

-TD

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I CAN'T DO IT FROM THIS COMPUTER WILL HAVE TO DO IT FROM MY HOME COMUTER

Tell me briefly if you would, are you receiving any error messages when attempting to connect to this session?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This ipad is linked to an AppleID enter the Apple ID and password ***** to set this Ipad up

Ok that is a good start.

Here is what I recommend you try- and it does not take much to do

visit: iforgot.apple.com

Next, enter the current email that you use as an Apple ID

Now correctly enter the code listed below the email entry box

• Press Continue or Next and proceed to the next step.

• Now depending on how your Apple ID email was set up originally, you will either have to answer two of three Security Challenge Questions that you created answers for when you first set up your Apple ID account,

-OR-

You will have may have to send a verification code to another Apple device or computer that is already signed in with the same Apple ID email address you currently are trying to sign in on your iPad now.

In either case, try the iForgot Apple ID password ***** page first - and you can do this on any device, or computer/laptop and let's see if you can reset your password ***** order to get back into your Apple ID account and your iPad.

Let me know if this helps. I will be watching for your update.

Thanks!

-TD

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks, ***** ***** have been done this path and never receive a response from Apple

Sorry to determine that this hasn't helped but that is ok- I just wanted to determine if you've tried that process before and it looks like you have- bear with me for a few minutes, I am going to see how else we can help you get this issue resolved.

Thanks for your patience I will be right with you:)

-TD

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks again

No worries! that is why I am here :)

Something just occurred to me that I don't think I asked you about.

– Can you recall how many times you attempted to enter your password ***** you noticed you could no longer try entering your password?

This is a key question- can help me determine the path I will need you to take going forward from here

-TD

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Not sure approximately 6 times

Ok that helps- Now seeing that you are in Australia- can you recall what time you first noticed that

disabled activation lock message?

Let me know what time zone you are in too if you would.

Australian Western Standard Time (AWST)

Australian Central Standard Time (ACST)

Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST)

The more information you provide, the closer I know I am to determining what I believe the culprit of your Apple ID /Activation Lock is.

Thanks, ***** *****

-TD

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It happened a week ago not sure of exact day it was afternoon or evening Australian Eastern Standard Time

Thanks, ***** ***** all I needed to know- looks like you are located somewhere in NSW perhaps?

Given that you have been dealing with this issue for a week, this is definitely an Activation Lock.

Now there are several steps I am going to definitely recommend you take

Because it is a bit detailed, I cannot write out the steps, but what I can do, is provide you the article for Apple AU customers like yourself, to get this Activation Lock issue cleared:

OPTION # 1

Turn off Find My iPhone Activation Lock

Link: https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT201441

These are the rudimentary steps Apple recommends to clear an Activation Lock issue.

If you have not already done so, give this process a try and see if you can get that Activation Lock removed.

If it works- Excellent!

However, if it does not- then I recommend you try Option#2:

OPTION #2

If you can‘t update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT201263

- Using this method you DO NOT have to restore (erase) your iPad's content, all you have to do, IF you have a computer or laptop (Mac or Windows- does not matter), then you can run an Update to remove the current iOS on your iPad that is locked and with this process using iTunes on a computer or laptop, you can over write the current iOS version on your iPad, with a newer copy of the same version, or the latest iOS update.

If you are able to gain access back with this option, then you do not have to go to Option # 3 as a last resort.

Should this process not work however, then here is Option # 3 to help you finally get this issue resolved with your iPad once and for all:

OPTION #3

- This would be a call to AppleCare AU Technical Support where you would need to connect with iOS Support

iOS Support will aid you in getting your Activation Lock cleared, if the previous options have not been successful.

They have some great security tools and will use these resources to help you gain access back into your iPad via your Apple ID.

I am hoping you don't have to resort to this option, but if you do, this is a way to finally get you back to normal.

To reach them by phone or have them contact you, click this link to set up either a call directly to Apple Technical Support AU or to have them ring you.

Link: https://support.apple.com/en-au/apple-id

Follow this page to the bottom and select "Contact Apple Support"

and on the next page select "Activation Lock" (See attached screenshot)

From there you can arrange to contact AppleCare Tech Support AU and have them aid you in getting access back to your iPad.

Again, I am sorry you have had to go through a week without your iPad, but I am confident I am pointing you in the best possible direction with these answers.

If you have any other questions, please, ask! I am on this case until you inform me your issue has been resolved.

Thanks so much for your patience and again, keep me updated!

Regards,

-TD

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
TD, I have left several call back links and still no one calls me back so will try again.
Thanks,
Laurie

Well you let me know - and I will try to see if I can get a more direct number for you Laurie, again no worries-

In this case I know from very good experience, there is ALWAYS an answer for an Activation Lock issue like this:)

Terry White II
Terry White II
Terry White II