How can I delete a individual received message on skype.

How can I delete...

How can I delete a individual received message on skype

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your computer or device?

Windows 7

Technician's Assistant: Did you click Start and open the Programs control panel to uninstall the Skype?

No i do not want to uninstall I just want too delete a single message

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/11/2018
Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro
Experience: I am a technology professional with 20 years experience, and hold 15 industry certifications (from hardware/software repair to mobility to IT Security, and everything in-between!).

Hi! I'm Eric, a computer expert who's been paired with you through JustAnswer.com. I'm reviewing your question now, and will return w/ an answer soon!

Good evening!

You can delete individual messages that YOU sent using Skype, but not messages you've received from other people.

If you are looking to do the former, you can simply right-click the message and click REMOVE MESSAGE (note that this deletes the message from your end, but not from the recipient's).

I hope that helps!

Isn't there anyway to locate the message on my PC files and delete it from there?

I'm sorry, but there is not a way to do that. In order to delete Skype messages, you must do so from the computer or device that you have originally used for sending them; Microsoft has programmed the application in such a way that you cannot remove individual messages sent from other users.

You can, of course, delete the entire conversation...but I'm afraid individual messages are another matter.

I wish I had better news, but hope this information at least explains the issue you're facing!

Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro
Robert M., Consultant

you CAN delete the entire skype history which will delete the message

but it deletes all messages not just the one you want to delete

call me and i can log in remotely and delete them for you

using these instructions

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-delete-your-skype-message-history/

This I also know, I wanted to delete one message individually!

i dont think that you can anymore

you used to be able to find the conversations on your hard drive and edit them

but the last 30 days is stored in the cloud now

this is where they would be stored or at least used to be stored

1. Press and hold the Windows key on your keyboard, then press R to bring up the Run window.
  2. Type %appdata%\Skype into the Run window and press OK.
  3. Navigate to the folder named after your Skype Name.

you can delete the whole conversation by right clicking on the person in the contact list

I know all about this, You think after 30 days it saves to local?

thats what they say

the cloud only stores 30 days

OK great thank you for your help!

you are welcome glad that i could help