Microsoft sent the operating bsys for this machine after the…

Customer Question
Microsoft sent the operating...

Microsoft sent the operating bsys for this machine after the drive crashed. Now I need Office or 365 and it wasn't in the file.

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Window 7 0n one of my pavilion dm4-1165dx entertainment notebook

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

HP windows 7 premium. The productcode is on the bottom.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your HP? Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes but it didn't come with office or any word edit program

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I did a website with GoDaddy and it has crossed linked with my Hotmail account. I thought GoDaddy did a 365 outlook as the Email?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Computer
3/11/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Cody, Senior Systems Administrator replied 1 month ago
Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

go to www.microsoft.com/account

then either subscritons/services or purchase history

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I purchased the software once when I purchased the computer. I am not gping to pay for it again..

you'll need to contact Microsoft directly then

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
give me a phone number. we already are in a suit about windows 10 destroying another laptop.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have already paid for the darn soft ware .get an administrator.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do Not Charge Me If I have To Pay For Additional So Called Support.
Tech Support Specialist: Byron, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 month ago
Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

If your Office 365 subscription is current you won't need to pay extra.

Do you recall if you had Office 365 Personal or Office 365 Home (for 5 PCs)?

Please do this: sign in to your Office account here: www.office.com/myaccount

Click Install on the left side of the page.

On the next page you should see the name of your computer listed in the Install Information section.

On the right side of the page click Install again to begin the download and installation.

Let me know the result please.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I had Office That Came with the HP Machine. It was the premium version. OPEN OFFICE or something. I almost had to Shut it down it had almost over took the machine. When the drive crashed. HP ssid just call microsoft and give them the product code and they put all their software back. Actually all they put back was a bare bones OP SYS. I like to never got the drivers for WiFi.

If you had Office 365 please do this: sign in to your Office account here: www.office.com/myaccount

Let me know the result please

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have no Idea about that password???
I used the Hotmail account on the Pavilion g7 1237nr Notebook that windows 10 upgrade distroyed all my videos and Abelton and Reaper Studio Recording on. SAD if they had just let me revert to the old Win 7 none of that or this would be happening. That machinehad it on it to but it was a trial offer I think. It came on this computer though I have been using some other text editor since the New Drive and Software Install.

Open Office is a different program. It is very similar to Microsoft Office and it is free.

You can get it here: https://www.openoffice.org/download/

If the computer came with a trial version of Microsoft Office (and most new machines do)

but it was never activated then you wouldn't have received it with a new drive.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It was pre installed on this machine. It was a trial offer on the other one. The 365 Email account that GoDaddy installed was on my phone not the computer? I understood it came with the katztributeband.com ??? I dont carr about office. BUT, the installed tied my telecasterron account and the***@******.*** together? Hotmail was just suppose to be the recovery EMAIL? I should be able to log in and create a link on the desktop to accessing the***@******.***???

If Godaddy is the domain host you can access your mail here: https://sso.godaddy.com/login?realm=pass&app=email

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I know.
Just forget it. I have use and built hardware and devices since the Vic 20 and the Comadore 64. I had Dos before Dos 5 and Q Basic. I Sponsored Computer Talk and Kim. I lead the CSC to pass the Cable Consumer Protection Act of 1992. I Have been ask by some senators and congress persons for input on Net Neutrality issues. I helped the FCC as a Ham Operator when usage of Geo-stationary by Hams and Packet. BUT I TELL YOU AND MICROSOFT THIS I WONT FORGET THE HUNDREDS OF HOUR YOU COST ME AND THE SPNG MATERIALS DISTROYED BY WINDOWS 10. Just forget it. I could have ripped it if I was a theif, I wont pay twice for your software. BUT YOU WILL PAY A MILLION TIME MORE. Ask Viacom. I will not forget. I will not get mad. BUT, I will remember and cost you like you wont believe. I am in right here. I know this two issues but just another mistake a dying company makes. Sad consumers know. I thing you all do to. WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO MICRO-SOFT.
ron tramel
We'll be in touch. You can return my $5.00. You refuse to replace software I already paid for.
You Distroy Hour and Hours of personal Videos and files from my other machine with windows 10 upgrade. NOW you are willing to put a half ass POS stripped down Widows 7 back on it. BS.
What kind of idiots are running Micro-Soft Now. Sorry but you obviously dont know what people are saying about athe once best Computer Company.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This isnt nothing against you all personally or individually so dont take it that way. LOOK if I had came into your home or computer and promised to add something to make it be or perform better and I distroyd part of your home or your perfectly good computer "your property" you wouldn't like it. I was promised a product to enhance and make computing better and more reliable. Well I have a Brick for a computer now, and The software that even came on the one I called you about they put half an Operating Sys on. Left out Drivers almost everything. THEN EVER SINCE I DID THIS I GET CALL FROM INDIA TELLING ME THEY ARE MICRO-SOFT SUPPORT AND OFCOURSE THEY WANT ME TO JUST LOG INTO THERE SITES SO THEY CAN HACK MY MACHINE. NO WAY.
I HAVE A PERFECTLY GOOD MACHINE. ACTUALLY I HAVE SEVEN OR EIGHT. MOST ARE RETIRED WITH OUT DATE OPERATING SYSTEMS. WINDOW 3.1, WIN 95, WIN 98, XP PRO., and Win 7. Notice there are a few I skipped cause they were duds. That includes 8 & 10.
I built many computer and machines over the years and a lot has changed. I STILL STORED AWAY, old IBM, Machines. 286's, 386, 486DX33, Pentiums Dual Processor, Old useless laptops. I even have plaques from NASA for the very first ever Satellite Radio Station on C-Band and the Amateur Radio Net. In 1986. I ALSO HELP BUILD A STAND ALONE VIDEO DECODER TO CLEAR THE VIDEO CYPHER II. You dont need to decode it just change the address. I am not new to to computers. After a while you begin to understand you spend a lot of time staying on top of tecnology and sure as you get it. Its gone. Then out colleges educate our enemies in the latest tecnologies and and our cooperations let em make the hardware and software to control their missiles and Drones. Then our own Defense contractors by this spyware and compromised chip set to run their operations and defense weapons. Greed Bill at one time was a hero. APPLE didnt make a comeback, Microsoft piss away their edge. MS was an open Arch. Company. Bill stole everything he could from IBM then sold the same Doftwsre back to em. Now Bill is the IBM. Hes got software Developer Distroying MS. Computers have changed the world. BUT, Brand Loyalty and Great Customer Service is still king. Consumers can and will break a company no matter how big or money they spend. Changing a name doesnt work anymore. We had over 250,000 Listener. I beat NCTA with Less than 200. Overrode a presidential veto. Only happened once in all his presidency. MS best wake up before nothing is left. Remember Bordens or Beatrice. Opryland, NLT, They are companies in name only or just gone away. Some rebrand but now Consumers are smarter and know when a Time Warrner or teleco change a name they know it. American General AIG. TIME INC. When you see a leopard changing spot, it still a leopard. I GOTTA GO, I have Website to edit and a DRONE FPV 5.8 ghz transmitter to fix. I hate computers. I know where they are going. You will hate em to when you get there.
I know this has little to do with a couple of Laptops. WELL, maybe it does. Like I said, you can look at screen and deal with this stuff. You gotta get the the biys upstairs attention. $$$
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry about the spelling.
Andy, Computer Consultant