Goes into sleep (or display black), cannot wake unless you…

Customer Question
Goes into sleep (or...

Goes into sleep (or display black), cannot wake unless you hardboot

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Lenovo yoga 900-13ISK
Model: 80MK

Technician's Assistant: What Lenovo model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

Model: 80MK002JUS win 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Various fixes from lenovo community

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

It had happened upon shortly after purchase

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
3/11/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Harold Hanna, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 4 months ago
Harold Hanna
Harold Hanna, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello how are you today? Have you tried to disable "Sleep" mode altogether under the power options?

tried to change power/sleep functions times
many times

Is this on a PC or laptop?

laptopLenovo yoga 900-13ISK
Model: 80MKSN#PF0DW812
Model: 80MK002JUS

Have you updated all the drivers installed on the laptop?

Also, have you updated the BIOS firmware? This is most likely to be a driver/BIOS issue, so ensuring both are updated is the best way to resolve this issue. I do see a lot of other people are having an issue similar to yours.

correct...2/22/16 shut problems started again
2/19/16 shut down and would not wake/ required hardboot2/11/16 ref#8006555997 / reinstalled intel beta graphics driver/

Try going into Device manager, then open FHID Device. Do you see that listed?

happened shorty after purchase and intermittenty since, last 2 weeks progressivley worse

From Lenovo FHID Device, open UMDF HID minidriver, then go to the power management tab. From there, there should be a box that states "Allow the computer to turn off the device to save power". Ensure that is unchecked.

dont see FHID

I believe in the device manager it would be under System Devices. Look for "Lenovo FHID Device"

And have you updated the firmware of your BIOS? There is a newer version that came out that involves the not waking from sleep issue. If you'd like me to check for these items myself, you can request my ability to connect remotely. However, we can continue like this as well.

no not ther just double checked

Alright. Go to Lenovo's website and type in your model number, serial if it asks, etc. Then have it list all available software. Look for a BIOS/UEFI update. That will be the BIOS firmware update we will be wanting to install. Download the file and let it update the firmware. Be very careful to not allow any interruptions during this update.

Let me know if you find the firmware alright and if you have any questions before attempting to install it. We may have to see if the update resolves the problem, so even after you rate my level of assistance (from 1 to 5 stars), I will keep this dialogue open. This is for in case you see the condition is still not resolved, you will not have to pay anything additional to continue trouble shooting where we left off.