I'm transferring documents from a laptop that currently use…

Customer Question
I'm transferring documents from...

I'm transferring documents from a laptop that currently use to a new one. I saved all my documents in a USB and download them to my new laptop. I discovered that the original format of my Excel documents were not retained. They come with the icon of Internet Explore and couldn't be opened.

Technician's Assistant: When could you last open your Excel?

I can still open them in my old computer.

Technician's Assistant: Did you recently update your software or Operating System (OS)?

I have a new laptop and have Office 365 in it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I was able to transfer my Outlook email completely. It's my documents that I saved in a USB that doesn't come out in the right format when I download them in my new laptop that doesn't come out right.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Computer
3/10/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Sheri, Expert replied 5 months ago
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. There are a few things we may need to do. First, as a test, rename one of the documents with it's name and .xls or .xlsx on the end. Then try opening it. Let me know what happens. Then we can go to the next step.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Mam, can we defer this later on? We just have an emergency and need to go to the hospital. We hope to be back in 3-4 hours from now. I am really sorry. It's just an emergency.

No problem. Just reply when you are ready. I check messages on a regular basis.

Hi, I haven't heard back from you. I just wanted to follow up to see if everything is resolved and whether you still need assistance. Please reply and let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Regards,

Sheri-Expert