I just got a new Asus monitor. I can plug it into my

Customer Question
OK, I just got...

OK, I just got a new Asus monitor. I can plug it into my computer with Display Port, VGA, DVI or HDMI or Mini DisplayPort. Which would provide the best quality? It's currently connected with VGA (the easiest) and is working fine, but it seems to me that I could have better screen quality with one of the more modern connections. Which would you recommend. in order of screen quality?

Technician's Assistant: Which DVO product do you have?

C624BQ Could this be the number you are looking for?

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your DVO software?

No software came with the Monitor

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I have a 6 month Dell XPS

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
3/11/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Aaron B, Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Aaron B
Aaron B, Computer Support Specialist

My name is ***** ***** I can try to assist you. VGA and DVI are older types of video cable technology. You will get much better quality results by using DisplayPort, Mini DisplayPort, or HDMI.

DVI has better quality video than VGA. DisplayPort cables are more standardized, meaning there is really only one type. However, there are different types of HDMI cables.

Some HDMI cables allow the transfer of audio and video. Using HDMI or DisplayPort will offer a better quality picture. Trying to figure out if HDMI or DisplayPort is better might depend on what type of HDMI cable you use.

To me using HDMI or DisplayPort is much better than VGA or DVI.

Thanks,

Aaron