It's actually with my TV. You see I recently purchased an…

Customer Question
It's actually with my...

It's actually with my TV. You see I recently purchased an Amazon FireTV stick. I have connected the FireTV stick to HDM2I port, but I cannot get past the 'connect to your network' screen.

Technician's Assistant: Is there a particular streaming service you're trying to connect to (e.g. Netflix or YouTube)?

Yes; Netflix.

Technician's Assistant: How is your internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?

It's more than that. I need to locate the password ***** my network and I haven't the slightest idea about where to look.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

It is actually a computer problem. I need to know where in Windows 10, I need to go to reacquire the network passcodem

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
3/10/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Byron, Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Do you have a wireless computer connected to the Wi-Fi running Windows 7, 8 or 10?

You can recover your Wi-Fi password ***** a machine like that.

Thank you.

Here are the steps to get

your network security key/wi-fi password ***** a Windows 10, 8 or 7

computer that is already connected to your wireless network.

(not a computer connected to your router with a cable)

On your keyboard, hold down the Windows logo key to the left of the spacebar

and press R.

The Run box will open.

In the text area type: ncpa.cpl and click OK

The Network Connections window will open.

Right-click on your Wi-Fi icon (the one with the green bars)

and select Status.

Click the Wireless Properties box.

In the Wireless Properties window, click the Security tab at the top.

Put a checkmark in the Show Characters box.

What you see to the right of Network Security Key is your wireless password.

It is case sensitive and must be entered exactly as you see it on your screen.

Let me know the result please.

Hi. Were you able to recover your Wi-Fi password?