Iphone 6 will not send, receive texts, nor calls. Cellular…

Iphone 6 will not...

Iphone 6 will not send, receive texts, nor calls. Cellular data on, airplane mode off, on wifi. Am travelling, so have no data plan, have limited voice and text. Usually have cellular data off. Have turned phone off for several minutes then on..

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

Where do i find that? I always update, so likely current one

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

Just a few days. Have tried steps in my first chat with you

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing that comes to mind

3/10/2018
Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer

Hello, Sorry you are having issues with your Iphone. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist.

Please try truning off the phone and removing the SIM card for about 1-2 mins. Then putting it back in and starting the phone up again, also once it is started, double check that cell data is enabled again.

To Remove SIM:

1. Take a simple paper clip and make it straight.
  2. Check the right side of your phone to locate the SIM tray.
  3. Insert the pin into the small hole and push it slightly until the tray pops-out.
  4. Remove the SIM card from the tray.

If this does not work, the next step would be to backup the iphone, or verify it is backing up with ICloud, and we can then do a factory reset on the device. This is what the Apple store will have you do first before they replace any parts. Factory reset does remove all personal data and apps, so please verify that it is backed up prior to starting the steps below:

1) Open iTunes on your Mac or PC. If you can't access a computer and your device still works, you can erase and restore your device without a computer.

2) Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to your computer with the cable that came with your device.

3) If a message asks for your device passcode or to Trust This Computer, follow the onscreen steps. If you forgot your passcode, get help.

4)Select your iPhone, iPad, or iPod when it appears in iTunes. For an unresponsive device or one that won't turn on, learn what to do. Or get help if your device doesn't appear in iTunes.

5) In the Summary panel, click Restore [device].

6) Click Restore again to confirm. Then iTunes erases your device and installs the latest iOS or iPod software.

7) After your device restores to factory settings, it restarts. Now you can set it up as new.

If these steps fail, you may need to see the Apple Store in person, or your cell phone vendors store (ATT, Tmobile, Verizon, etc), to see if they can replace the SIM card since that may be faulty. This should be replaced free of charge.

If this helps please rate me 5 stars. Good Luck with this. Let me know if you need any further assistance as well.

-Jamie

Jamie Macko
    Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer
    Jamie Macko
    Jamie Macko
    Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer