I just got my computer back from the shop after I was

Hi Pearl, my name...

Hi Pearl, my name is Richard. I just got my computer back from the shop after I was hacked. They had to swipe my computer and reload windows. I previously used Microsoft Edge/Bing as my browser. I was somehow able to get the "e" symbol on my task bar, but when I click on it the Google screen shows up. Can you please tell me how to get back to what I was using? I've tried all of the suggestions online with no success.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Edge?

How do I do that?

Technician's Assistant: The Software Technician will be able to walk you through that. What have you tried so far with your Edge?

I followed the instructions I found on line. Go to start...settings...default app settings etc.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it, I believe. Thank you.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/10/2018
arsufi2002
arsufi2002, Computer Support Specialist

My name is ***** ***** of the expert in computer category. I am sorry to hear that you have this issue, I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Please save this page to favorites( ctrl + d) so that you can reconnect in case you get disconnected

Please find reply box below to post your response

Hope the computer is loaded with Windows 10 os?

Let me know when you are ready

Thanks

I am ready.

Are you messaging me from same windows pc?

No thank you. Good-bye.

hey,

Please wait

There is no more charge

You are already connected to expert support. I am there to assist you.

Let me know you are ready

This is how I got hacked in the first place.I let some one remotely into my computer.

fine...

We will continue the chat session if you are not comfortable with remote session

OK

So you want bing to appear when opening Internet Explorer, right?

ok..

Please open new tab, type below url on address bar

https://www.bing.com/

press enter key

Just check bing web site and confirm is that what you required as homepage

status please?

I've got it thanks

Great...

You may set the page as homepage...

(Please don't forget to rate my service if you are satisfied with the answer provided. You may press above stars(top right) for rating

Thank You

arsufi2002
arsufi2002, Computer Support Specialist