I just bought a new lenovo yoga 920 and I can't seem to get…

I just bought a...

I just bought a new lenovo yoga 920 and I can't seem to get the internet

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Sorry, I'm not used to doing this--its a Lenovo yoga 920

Technician's Assistant: What Lenovo model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

Well, on the bottom of the case it has 920-131KB (maybe) and Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

I just bought this and brought it home yesterday. I've tried to follow the s

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Darn, i keep hitting Enter before I'm finished! I've tried to follow the instructions on the Lenovo but I am not very saavy about these things. So I'm struggling.

3/10/2018
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. First, tell me, do you see your network name in the list of wifi networks?

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Sheri
Sheri, Expert
o.k. where do I go to find the list? I'm very clueless!
I'm happy to have this done and yet I really would like to know how it is done.

I see you accepted the system generated remote support offer. I just want to make sure you intended this and want remote support or if it was done in error. I would be happy to connect in and work on the problem. Reply and let me know and i can send you connection information. Otherwise, we can continue via messaging. Let me know so we can go to the next step.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

I do want to to rectify the situation. I'm tired of wasting time trying to do it myself.

Ok, is the Yoga plugged into the router, connected to the Internet now with a cable so I can remote into it?

Please click the below link to join the remote session. There will be a chat box within the session that we can communicate in. Once you click the link, watch the download of Elsinore ScreenConnect and run it once downloaded.

Link: http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=cd21ce67-6607-4fe6-9d2a-6bab6b258596

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

This is supposed to be a wireless connection, but I can pull the connection to my desktop computer and hook it to the router if I'd know for sure which of two black boxes is the router! This is pretty
pathetic; I'm sorry

Just to clarify, you are having trouble joining the wifi network, right? If you plug into the router, I can access it and join it to the wifi.

Tell me the brand of the two boxes and I will tell you which one to plug into.

having trouble activating the wifi connection. Again, I'm not sure which box is the router: one is called Netgear and the other Arris. Does that help?

Plug one end of a network cable into the yoga and the other end into the Netgear, in one of the LAN ports.

FYI, I have to step away from the computer for approx. 5 mins and will be right back to continue. in the meantime, just reply with any questions or reply and let me know you have the computer plugged in.

OK more problems. The Netgear box has one power cable, a yellow area for an internet cable, and an orange colored area with four clip cables named Ethernet. And I just realized I may not have an extra cable to make the connection between the Lenovo and the router.

Ok I am back. You would need to get a cable to plug into one of the Ethernet ports in the orange area. What else is plugged in there right now?

Who is your Internet provider?

Let me know who your Internet provider is and I am trying to find a way around you having to get a cable.

My internet provider is time warner

Ok, look on the Netgear box for a label to see if indicates the wifi network name and password. let me know.

or do you already know the name of your wifi network and the password?

when I click on the wireless symbol in the corner of my screen I get a blue networks slide from the right which says: airiplane mode off, wifi On, then unruhkaufmann and some other letters and numbers. I think I may be connected now. I just have to figure out what to use to sign in!
I just check the status of the network and it says I'm connected!

Yes, that was the next step! Good job. Always make sure airplane mode is off because this will turn off the wifi. Look on the netgear box to see if there is a password ***** the label. Otherwise, we have to log into the router to get the login info.

the password ***** put in is "BadKitty". I believe I have the internet going here but I don't know what
kind of sign in I was supposed to use before this internet stuff popped up. I'm so confused

OK, try to access a webpage and do a search to see if you really are on the Internet.

I am. I put in npr programs and got that.

Excellent. Now that you are on the Internet, do you still want me to connect in to make sure of the settings or are you all set?

Well, I would have said that things are o.k., but maybe I should ask about the horizontal lines of flickering that I'm seeing off and on? Also is there a good book to learn about the lenovo?

Is the flickering constant? It may be a refresh rate setting or a display driver issue.

no it isn't constant I probably could take it back to the dealer and see if they have anything to say about it, right?

How long have you had it?

I just picked it up new from Best Buy yesterday.

Yes, I think maybe it would be a good idea. Insist on an exchange. Don't let them try to fix it because if it is a hardware issue, you don't want to be stuck with it. That is my recommendation. It could also be a software issue, but I would need to connect to try updating drivers and changing settings.

I'm o.k. with you going in and checking things out.

ok, I am currently finishing up another session. please give me a few minutes. in the meantime, use the connection information I sent you to join the session.

I am still on the other session. It may be another 20 mins or so. I can connect into yours during it, too. Go ahead and join the session.

You are very welcome. I am glad it's working. It was my pleasure assisting you. Please feel free to request me in the future if you ever need assistance.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert