I have a toshiba laptop that will not go on just seeing the…

I have a toshiba...

I have a toshiba laptop that will not go on just seeing the front screen with the time which is working. I have tried to turn it off with the power button but it doesn’t appear to really power off. The screen going black but after a couple minutes when I turn it back on it is the same.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Toshiba laptop?

Oh yes windows 10

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried rebooting from a DVD or flash drive?

I don’t have one with me. I am on a research trip

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I know of

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/10/2018
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer.

My name is ***** ***** i will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble.

Please press and hold the power button for 12 seconds.

It should then turn off, then power it back on and see if you are able to use it after it powers back on.

I have tried that. How long should I wait before turning it back on?

Immediately after it turns off, but make sure it is turned off by holding the power button for 12 seconds.

How would that work? I am on my phone

Ignore the remote request.

Just do the steps above on the toshiba.

Ok now it looks like it is loading. I just didn’t hold it down long enough. What would you guess is wrong with it?
It is still black screen

Are there any external devices connected to it like a USB mouse, or an external disk drive, or a usb flash drive?

No. It has come back on but seems to be running very slow

Okay, just it give it a while and see if you can login

Now I am on the laptop -- I really don't want to lose what is on the machine.

What is it saying?

I have a meeting in 1 hour

Please go to www.fastsupport.com on your computer and let me know when you see the box asking for support key.

I see the box

Type the support key:

745-760-274

and launch the program