How do I copy a music cd to a blank cd on my laptop.

Customer Question
How do I copy...

How do I copy a music cd to a blank cd on my laptop. Model7548

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

Dell 7000 series # 7548 Inspiron 15

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Inspiron? Have you installed any updates recently?

I have the cd saved on the hard drive but can’t get copied on a new blank disk

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that I’m not very smart on computers

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
3/10/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Sheri, Expert replied 4 months ago
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. First, right click on the music file that is copied on your computer and choose properties. What is the size of the file? Also, what version of Windows are you running on your Dell computer? Let me know so we can go to the next step.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Windows 10 574bytes
Windows 10
574 bytes

If you know the drive letter of your CD writer drive, do the following:

Click on the yellow file folder at the bottom of the screen to open file explorer. Click to expand folders until you locate the music file. Next, locate the CD writer drive in file explorer. Click on the music file and drag it in onto the CD writer drive. This will start the process. A window should pop up with instructions. Follow the instructions.

Please reply and let me know if that works for you or if you have any questions. Then we can go to the next step if needed, as you may also have software on your computer that does this, as well.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert