I was attempting to repair my B200 error when the printer…

I was attempting to...

I was attempting to repair my B200 error when the printer just powered off. Now I cannot get it to turn back on.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Canon MP560

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MP560?

The initial error has been a while, but I have not been able to work on it. I was doing that yesterday when it just shut off. I have not been able to get it to turn on ever since.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

The computer was updating before all this started yesterday. Do you think that has anything to do with all of this?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't know. Anything else they would feel relevant?

3/10/2018
Fran
Fran, Computer Support Specialist

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your today. I apologize for the extended wait time you've experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok, so what do you suggest to fix the problem.

Power off,power on, allowed the printer to cycle through start up with cartridge door open. Released all the ink cartridges,reengage the ink cartridges. Printed pages with no error code.

Let me know the results

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That is the problem, the printer is not turning on. Did you read the information provided?

yes, Did you unplug, plug back in ,open the cartridge door and power back on.

Do you have it in a power strip?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have done all that. I have checked the power, I have unplugged and left it over night, plugged everything back in. I have checked the power supply. It just shut off while it was booting up while fixing a B200 error. The computer had just updated, could that have anything to do with it?

that is possible. could you have a source of power blown. Do you have it plugged into a wall outlet?

Sometime the upper or lower socket in out lets can go bad.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, I have it on a power strip, but I have a couple other things on it and they are all working.

Ok is the print cartridge in the locked position?

At this point I would say that the power circuit board or the power supply inside the printer has gone bad.

possible could have shorted out during the update. But would be very odd. But possible

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have read about a update shutting down the printer. Others have had this issue. Is there any work around uninstalling the update? a patch? I read about a repair but because I don't know much about the technical jargon, I didn't attempt it.

Would need to know which update cause the problem. and then find it on the system to be able to remove. But some updates can't be un installed

The error message is the print head. As you probably found out on your research

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I understand all that. But isn't that why I'm PAYING to have your help. If I could figure it out on my own, I wouldn't need you to help me. Seems like I've discovered more on my own. Is there anything else you can add?

It is the power source. You have a faulty power circuit board. I can only diagnose the symptom that are giving to me. I researched the error on that machine. and the manufacture shows its the print head. If there is no power its the circuit inside the printer. If an update cause the circuit to malfunctions. There nothing I can do to resolve the problem. It 's a Hardware issue.

And uninstalling any updates more then likely will not resolve the issue if the damage is already done. to the power source

Fran
Fran, Computer Support Specialist
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok, well. You did not tell me anything I haven't already diagnosed myself. This was pretty pointless. Maybe for someone who has no technical skills at all. Have a good day. I will be looking for a refund.

Sorry I wasn't able to help any more. Have a good day

Fran
Fran
Fran, Computer Support Specialist