I cannot get my Asus Zenbook to boot up. What should I do? I…

Customer Question
I cannot get my...

I cannot get my Asus Zenbook to boot up. What should I do?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your ZenBook?

I don't know how to answer that.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your ZenBook? Have you installed any updates recently?

No recent updates that I've been aware of. I've tried nothing but plugging it in to recharge.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
3/10/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

What exactly do you see on screen or hear, when you try to power on / boot up the Zenbook?

I'll be waiting for your reply, thank you.

Dustin S.
Senior Technician and Former 31F1P ( Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer)

OK Nothing. It;s as though there no response from the on/off switch
there is no way for you to securely connect to the device since it does not turn on. Perhaps you didn't grok to that

Do you see any of the led lights blink when you press power?

Also, whats the full and exact model of your zenbook?

No lights, no action, no camera. It says ZenPad 3s 10

You may need to replace the charger, or the battery. but lets try this first

Try a hard reset using Recovery Mode. NOTE: THIS WILL DELETE ALL DATA.

Turn off your device by pressing Power button.

Hold down Volume Down + Power key.

As soon as menu appears, release all the buttons.

Navigate to "wipe data/factory reset"Reset with Volume Up and Volume Down keys. Use Power button to select.

Choose option "Yes--delete all user data".

To reboot select "reboot system now".

You have just completed hard reset process.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Perhaps you have not understood yet. Pressing the power button doesn't turn it off, doesn't turn it on. There seems to be no way to initiate a hard reboot. The system doesn't boot.

The you either need to try a new charger and charging cord, or replace the battery

Heres how to take the zenpad apart to get to the battery https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/ASUS+ZenPad+3S+10+Disassembly/93632

And you can purchase the battery here, https://batteryclerk.com/products/asus-z500m-zenpad-3s-10-battery?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9LfLjuPh2QIVD7jACh2AxgVyEAYYASABEgIhTfD_BwE

Dustin S.

I won't know if your advice is great, good or terrible until I try it out

When you have time to try the steps I suggested, let me know if it works or if you run into any issues,

Dustin S