I cant access my HPPavillion X2 because I forgot my password…

Customer Question
HI! I cant access...

HI! I cant access my HPPavillion X2 because I forgot my password ***** you please help?

Technician's Assistant: What X2 model do you have?

The detachable one

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your X2 media player?

Nothing. I tried to set it up for the internet

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
3/10/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Do you still have access to the email account / Microsoft account that you used when you setup windows 10?

If so, use this link to try and reset your Microsoft password ***** that email address

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026971/microsoft-account-how-to-reset-your-password

Now, once you change the password, on the windows 10 computer click the wireless icon at the bottom right of the login page, disconnect from your wireless network, then once disconnected click your network and then reconnect. And then, try the new password ***** just set on the link above try to use that to login to your computer. if it wont take it, then youre going to have to reset the computer. Heres how

Shut down the windows 10 computer, start it.. When it gets to the windows sign in screen, dont sign in.

Instead, left click the power button at the bottom right.

Then, hold down the shift key on your keyboard, and then click restart.

This should bring you to the blue screen menu.. Choose reset, choose to delete all your files , and then it will reinstall windows and allow you to set a new password.

if you get stuck or run into any issues let me know, but this will fix the issue.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.