My phone won't stay on WiFi it always goes to Mobil data and…

Customer Question
My phone won't stay...

My phone won't stay on WiFi it always goes to Mobil data and I'm 20ft away from my new and upgraded modern and router from shaw.as a result I used all my Mobil data and I just paid $20. Extra for more data and in the 2 or 3 yrs. I've had this phone and it is now paid off, I've never had to pay extra and I've had no luck with shaw or anyone to fix this.I have a G3 phone and it's not faulty but since I've got the new modem and router combined it's been doing this. So please get me up and running again as I don't appreciate paying more and not having my wifi

Technician's Assistant: JustAnswer requires a modest payment. You'll see the amount on the next page. It's way less expensive than face-to-face would cost. And you're covered by our 100% satisfaction guarantee.

Really, we'll if you fix this I'm more than happy to pay something but I'm not paying anything unless you fix this and if you can't or won't I'll unlock. my phone and go to another company.But I must say if you don't help me with this it sure doesn't say much about your customer service or koodo period

Technician's Assistant: Are you able to connect using an ethernet cable?

I'm connected with an Ethernet net cable now. I go 2 the settings icon on my phone and I connect 2 my Wi-Fi name that worked fine before and it comes up not connected and so you press it and give your password ***** you connect it again and it comes on for a moment and then goes away

Technician's Assistant: Happy to help. Want a weekly JustAnswer email to help with other issues? If so, what's your email address? And if you'd still like to talk to the Network Expert, I'll connect you shortly.

This is the only issue I've ever had and yes I'd like to talk to a network expert because I want this fixed I need it I use this for work and I don't want to pay in my own home when I'm right beside my modem and router 4 mobile data which cost money because I use my phone and awful lot

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

No really I think that's everything I just want my Wi-Fi up and running in it to stay running and then when I go outside and leave my house fine go to mobile.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
3/10/2018
Tech Support Specialist: arsufi2002, Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
arsufi2002
arsufi2002, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to Justanswer.

My name is ***** ***** I am sorry to hear that you have this issue. I look forward to assist you today with your question and provide the best solution possible.

Please save this page to favorites( ctrl + d) so that you can reconnect in case you get disconnected.

There is simple solution which you can try.

You can try disabling the mobile data when at home.

So even if your wifi gets disconnected, your data won't run out