My husband recently died and we need to get into his

Customer Question
My husband recently died...

My husband recently died and we need to get into his computer for his instructions and for some reason we were able to do so for several days and then his computer went to sleep and we have not been able to get it to boot up. We bought this computer with the help of one of your geeks and it has been giving us trouble before my husband died and we would like to make an appointment for a geek to come out and help us.

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

It is a dell IBM I am 90 yrs old so I may have that wrong

Technician's Assistant: What Dell product do you have?

I do not know that is why I want some one to come and fix it.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Dell product?

I have just turned it off and re booted it. after trying to wake up the monitor

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Computer
3/10/2018
Tech Support Specialist: David L, Systems Engineer replied 5 months ago
David L
David L, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

You can blank out the password ***** the computer using a Trinity Rescue Disc following the procedure below so you can login to the computer:

First click the link below to download the Trinity Rescue Disc image then burn the image to CD.

click here

Place the Trinity disc in the CD/DVD drive on your computer and boot using the Trinity disc (you may need to place the CD/DVD drive at the top of the boot order first).

Once the system has finished booting and a menu appears on the screen, scroll down the menu using the down arrow key to highlight the Windows password ***** option and press the Enter key.

Next, select "Winpass with prompt for username first" and press the Enter key.

Enter the username of the Administrator account for which you need to reset the password.

Select Clear (blank) user password ***** press the Enter key. This step deletes the password ***** the Administrator account.

Select the shut down the PC menu option, then remove the CD from the CD/DVD drive.

Boot the computer into the Administrator account. You should now be able to login without a password.

You can now either set a new password ***** your account by pressing the CTRL + ALT + DEL keys at the same time then select the Change Password ***** and follow the prompts to change the password.