My laptop stopped recognizing the verizon wireless MIFI I…

Hi my laptop stopped...

Hi my laptop stopped recognizing the verizon wireless MIFI I use to connect to the internet when i travel

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

Not sure but i think it is a lenovo

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Lenovo? Have you installed any updates recently?

I have tried everything including spending countless hours with geek squad

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I think i am running the windows 10

3/10/2018
Dan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. Can you tell me what model of Jetpack you have?

Dan, Computer Support Specialist
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It is a Jetpack MiFi 6620L SW Version 3.0
I have been able to connect to it in the past so i do not know why it is not working now.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Have you connected?

I will send you instructions shortly to begin the remote link setup.

Please click on the LINK below. Click I Agree on the disclaimer page and a small program will download to your computer. Click on it and allow it to run then follow the instructions to complete the remote link. You must be currently logged into the computer you need assistance with.

PLEASE CLICK HERE TO PROCEED

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi - It did not work.

Okay I have another idea.

Are you able to access the jetpack setup?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
okay, unfortunately not everytime i try to log into the website it doesnt work, i can try again

Okay just to be clear, you will be connecting directly to the jetpack, correct?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I would like to connect wirelessly to the jetpack the way I connect my phones to it, and the way the computer used to automatically connect to it, is what I need to get working again.

Use anything you can to connect to for now. I just need you to check a setting on the jetpack.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
do you want me to use the plug to connect it?
Hard wire it?

Yes that would be good.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay I have it tethered.

Okay now login to the jetpack http://my.jetpack

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am getting the same -Error message that http://my.jetpackcannot be found

Have you connected to it before using this address?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no I never had to go into the http before because my computer just recognized the wifi and I could connect, for some odd reason now i cannot see it as an option in the list of networks to connect to.

Okay have you ever tried a hard reset?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
of my computer?

On the jetpack

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no I have not
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What would that do?

Remove the battery cover from the bottom of the jetpack leaving it powered on. You will also need an unbent paperclip.

I am thinking for some reason your jetpack has stopped broadcasting its wrieless network name which is why you can no longer see it from your computer.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
okay so reset the jetpack?

Yes let's give it a try.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
how long do i hold the reset button in?

Utilizing the paperclip press and hold the reset button until MiFi Restarting appears on the display, then release.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
okay it is restarting

Let me know

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OH MY GOD. it worked

Yahoo!!!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I seriously cannot believee it. I have spent days on this.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you so very much.

My pleasure!!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
wow that is truly unbelievable. thank you so much. have a great evening

You do the same!

Dan, Computer Support Specialist