I can't in, forgot pass word. We moved and it was off for 3…

I can't long in...

I can't long in, forgot pass word. We moved and it was off for 3 months. Please help me

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Log

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Lenovo. I can give you numbers off back

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Every thing can't get past pass word log in

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No just want to get past log in and reset psssword

Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/10/2018
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. Is it the computer's login password, or Wi-Fi / wireless password, or email password, etc.?

Does your Lenovo computer have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10?
Does it show a name or username at the password ***** login screen?
Does it show an email address at the password ***** login screen?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

user name is ***** ***** not password.
Sent you all the info off back of computer!! Answers your question, stand alone pc

Besides the user name, does it also show an email address or not?

How old is your computer?

When you shut down / restart your computer, do you see it shows Windows 7 or Windows 8 or Windows 10, etc.?

Is it okay to reset the computer fresh, so you can re-set it up fresh, like brand-new, with a new password ***** want?

No email address, and it is computers log if password. Its up and running just can't get in until change password

OK. Is it okay to reset the computer fresh, so you can re-set it up fresh, like brand-new, like when you first bought it, with a new password ***** want?

Solution #1:

1. At the password ***** login screen, press and keep holding the Shift key on the keyboard.
  2. Click on the Power icon at the bottom right of the computer's screen, then click on the option Restart while still holding the Shift key.
  3. When a menu appears, then you can release the Shift key.
  4. When prompted, click on the Troubleshoot option.
  5. Then select the option Reset PC, and continue.
  6. When prompted, select the option "Removing everything" and "Just remove files.", and continue.

- Does that do anything?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

Its doing it, did what you said...resetti,g my computer

Great. The reset process takes long, but it's looking good. Once the reset process is finished, it will let you set up a new password ***** want, then you can log in and use your computer. Please remember the password ***** will enter when it asks you to. Do you need anything else for now?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

No thank you so much, please tell me it didn't cost 45.00...hugs Lauri
Great job too

You're very welcome. I'm the tech, so I'll have our customer service contact you about the billing. If you need help with anything else, please get back to me later; I've emailed you. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my technical service by clicking on the 5-star icon at this page, then click on Submit. Thank you very much,

Have a great evening...

You too. Thank you for your patience.