I am getting a virus message and my computer has been

I am getting a...

I am getting a virus message and my computer has been blocked. Can u help me.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

It is a dell

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

I turned it on thus morning and the message came up today. I tried to call the support number but the wanted $ before helping me.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No I can't think of anything.

3/10/2018
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer.

My name is ***** ***** i will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble.

are you chatting to me from the same computer?

I am on my phone but my computer is in front of me.

That number is ***** and this msg is a scam.

Can you hold the power button until the system shuts down, then press it once to turn it back on and tell me if the message is gone.

I can only do remote if you can browse to websites on the problem computer.

Can you do the steps above first please.

Are u to help me or not?
Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator

can you login to your computer?

I am rebooting the computer.

ok

It's running really slow.

can you get logged in?

It has come up with the search page.

go here to connect me; https://tinyurl.com/ybd3kbuv
This will download a file named Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client
Double click on this file to run it and connect me remotely.

My computer is thinking. Give me a minute.

sure thing

Ok it finally downloaded.
I have the web sight that u told me to log in to on my screen.

what browser are you using? it should download a file you need to run

It downloaded the file. Now it is asking do u want to allow this app to make changes on your device? Is this safe?

yes

Ok.

I'm on but only see a black screen

Ok the screen is up now.
Is it fixed?

no I haven't been able to do anything yet its so slow at the moment

Do I need to do anything now?
How much was I charged?

email***@******.*** for billing, I don't have access to that information.

I'm disconnected all done, everything should be cleaned up.

Thank u.