I forgot my password for the Dell Vista XPS M1330 computer I…

I forgot my password...

I forgot my password ***** the Dell Vista XPS M1330 computer I own.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your XPS?

Vista

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your XPS? Have you installed any updates recently?

No. It's sat idle for several years.

Also, I have no recovery disk.
3/10/2018
David L
David L, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

You can blank out the password ***** a Trinity Rescue Disc following the procedure below:

First click the link below to download the Trinity Rescue Disc image then burn the image to CD.

click here

Place the Trinity disc in the CD/DVD drive on your computer and boot using the Trinity disc (you may need to place the CD/DVD drive at the top of the boot order first).

Once the system has finished booting and a menu appears on the screen, scroll down the menu using the down arrow key to highlight the Windows password ***** option and press the Enter key.

Next, select "Winpass with prompt for username first" and press the Enter key.

Enter the username of the Administrator account for which you need to reset the password.

Select Clear (blank) user password ***** press the Enter key. This step deletes the password ***** the Administrator account.

Select the shut down the PC menu option, then remove the CD from the CD/DVD drive.

Boot the computer into the Administrator account. You should now be able to login without a password.

You can now either set a new password ***** your account by pressing the CTRL + ALT + DEL keys at the same time then select the Change Password ***** and follow the prompts to change the password.

I was able to clear my password ***** the program you suggested. However, now as the computer is trying to open, there is a message: "Setting up personalized setting for: ". It has been running like this for about 15 minutes now without making any further progress towards opening. What can I do now?
The Dell XPS computer continues to run with the same message as above. It has now been four hours or more. Is this normal after a password *****? Please respond.

Hello - my apologies for the delay.

Next, power down the computer and wait 30 seconds then power it up again and let me know if it boots normally.

David L
David L, Systems Engineer
Thank you very much for your help. I was able to get into my computer both as an administrator and as myself to recover files. I appreciate the information you provided.

Very good! Glad I could help and that you were able to reset the password :)