How do I clean the contacts in the printer? I'm getting

How do I clean...

How do I clean the contacts in the printer? I'm getting streaks when I print, or no printing at all.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

MX922

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your printer?

About a month

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

I don't think I have. The computer was bought used about 4 years ago.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No. That's the main problem.

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/10/2018
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. Please follow the below steps to clean the printhead:

Steps for a cleaning

Please reply and let me know if that works for you or if you have any questions. Then we can go to the next step if needed.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

1. Turn on the printer and load one or more sheets of letter-sized plain paper in the lower cassette.
  2. Open the paper output tray by holding the sides of the paper output tray.
  3. Extend the paper output support.
  4. Press MENU.
  5. Select Setup, and then press OK.
  6. Select Maintenance, and then press OK.
  7. Select Cleaning, and then press OK.
  8. Select Yes, and then press OK. The machine starts cleaning the print head. This takes about two minutes.
  9. After the pattern print confirmation screen appears, select Yes, and then press OK.
  10. The nozzle check pattern is printed. When the completion message appears, press OK.
  11. Examine the output.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Remote Tech Support. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My printer says, "To start setup, press and hold the WPS button on the access point, then press OK of the device."
How do I find the WPS button? The one I pressed on Menu said Wlan Setup.

Is the computer you are printing from a Mac or PC? If PC, what version of Windows? Let me know and I will provide setup instructions and necessary software.

Are you still there?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
but we are on our way to a concert. I'll have to contact you tomorrow.Karen Stahl
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My computer is a PC --- Lenovo. About 6 years old.

No problem. Just reply tomorrow. I will be checking messages throughout the day.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My computer is a Lenovo PC, about 7 years old.

Hi Karen,

What version of Windows is it running? You can find this out by right clicking on "My Computer" and choosing propoerties.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Windows 7 Professional.

Please right click on "Computer" and go to properties. Let me know if it is 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows 7 Pro, so I can send you the correct software and drivers.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It's a 64-bit operating system.
Please click on the below link. Once on the HP website, click on select and then download to download the MX920 series MP Drivers Ver.1.01 (Windows). Make sure the top of the page says Windows 7 64-bit. Once downloaded, unplug or turn off the printer. Run the downloaded file and follow the prompts and turn on or plug in the printer when prompted. Once done, test print and scan. link: https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/mx-series-inkjet/mx922?tab=drivers_downloads Please reply and let me know if that works for you or if you have any questions. Then we can go to the next step if needed. Regards,Sheri-Expert

Hi, I haven't heard back from you. I just wanted to follow up to see if everything is resolved and whether you still need assistance. Please reply and let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I was able to clean the computer. Now I need to replace the cartridges. I hope this will help. Thank you for your assistance.Karen

You are very welcome. That is good news. Please don't forget to accept my answer and rate me if you are satisfied with my response.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Sheri
Sheri, Expert
Sheri
Sheri
Sheri, Expert